An accurate way to add sulphite

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luc

Dutch Winemaker
Reaction score
Many of us have the same problem:

We know that we have to add sulphite to protect our must. The difficulty is in determining the exact quantity.

Well there is an accurate solution at hand.

By dissolving a certain amount of sulphite in a certain amount of water you will have a sulphite solution wich can be dosed exact to your must.

This is called a 10% sulphite solution. Many have heard of it but few actually use it in real life.
Well since I started using it it eased my life tremedously.

In my latest article on my web-log I tell you all the details and a detailed description on how the calculations work.

http://wijnmaker.blo...e-solution.html

For those that do not like calculating I made a hany table that you can use to easily dose sulphite to your must.

Read and enjoy.

Luc

Great article as usual Luc.

I used solution until I acquired a decent gram scale. The solution method works very well.

Hey Luc, good to see you. You need to pop in more often. This meathod is exactly what I do I tell folks to use if they don't own gram scales.

Good to see you Luc. And thank you for sharing with your blog. I use thing I have learned from there quite often. Arne.

Latest posts

Back