amorone

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MUMBA

Reaction score
im thinking of making an italian amorone kit can anyone recomend one
thanks

Vineco's Ken Ridge Showcase Italian Amarone wone Best in Show Kit or Concentrate at the 2006 Winemaker Mag awards.

There's lots of good Amaraon kits out there. What brands do you have access to?

Steve

Winexpert's Kit

I made one of the Winexpert kits, back when their Amarone was part of the Selection Speciale series, in a 3-gallon kit. Racking to secondary, I wasn't sure that I'd actually end up bottling it, since it had a funky smell and tasted weird. After it sat in secondary and aged a few months, it mellowed out and wasn't bad. I haven't cracked a bottle yet, but I'm expecting good things. Also, they've switched it from the Selection Speciale series and a 3-gallon kit to a Selection International series with a 6 gallon yield, so someone must have liked it a bunch.

I have made a Cellar Craft Italian Amarone with grape pack. It is a pretty good kit. An Amarone will be a little bit confusing kit for a beginner to make. As was mentioned it may have a different aroma than other kits. These kits take a while to age as well. They are BIG and BOLD. Mine has been in the bottle 2 years and still is not ready. I really wish I would of bulk aged it in the carboy.

Mumba, I think what cpfan was referring to is if you are in the US, Canada, Other? One of the kits he mentioned is hard to find in the US, the Ken Ridge series. I believe EC Kraus is the only place in the US to get Ken Ridge products and by looking at their site, they only carry the Classic 10 liter kits. Also, they are very expensive (free shipping does that ;) ). In Canada I believe you can get about any kit there is almost anywhere. Many people buy from retailers somewhat close to them to save on shipping. Others (like me) buy from a particular dealer for their customer service as well as prices.

Smurfe :)

thanks for all the info i have made a few kits in the past i usually make a lot
of reds from grapes kits are a little new

Latest posts

Back