American Mead Makers Association

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragon Slayer

In Remembrance 2020
Reaction score
This is the email that was sent out to the industry a few days ago.

It is my great honor and privilege to announce the First Annual American Mead Makers Association Business Meeting to be held in conjunction with the Mazer Cup International Mead Competition. We will meet on the afternoon of Thursday, March 14th at 2:00PM in the Mt. Sanitas room of the Boulder Outlook Hotel. All are welcome and encouraged to attend.

During this meeting we will be electing our first official Board of Directors. We only have a few hours to conduct all of our business so we are asking that if you are interested in serving as an officer or have someone in mind to nominate please reply to this email quickly. Hopefully we can identify a slate of candidates before March 14th. As founder and President, pro temp, I am offering to continue in the capacity as President. I think this will help in continuing the momentum we have at least for the next year or so. Also, my wife, Cheryl, Co-Founder and Secretary-Treasurer is willing to continue as Treasurer at least one term to prevent any turbulence a change of Treasurer will cause.

We will also be appointing Committees. Most of the Chairmanship positions are predetermined according to the Bylaws, but there are a few open if anyone is interested. Again, let us know so it can be made part of the record at the meeting. All the responsibilities of officers and committees are laid out in the Bylaws, which are online at our website. http://www.meadmakers.org/index.htm You will also find a link to a PDF of our meeting agenda on the Annual Meeting page.

We need to adopt the Bylaws. I encourage everyone to take some time to read through and see if there are any places we can make improvements. Remember, nothing is formal or official until the Bylaws are adopted so we have some flexibility to adjust them.

The second half of the meeting will be for Member Comments. Some discussion ideas will include establishing expanded style guidelines for competitions and regulations and establishing a Mead Maker of the Year program. Send us your suggestions for other topics and we will work in as many as we can. Of course I will be at the MCI all weekend to facilitate other discussions.
Finally, we have posted a short questionnaire on Survey Monkey to start gathering basic data on the industry. Please take a few minutes to fill it out. We will be including some of the raw data in our March Newsletter. http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QQD57X2 Speaking of the Newsletter we need articles and advertisers. I encourage everyone to write something up and send it in. This issue is all about competitions so let us know about any mead competitions in your area. We also need Bio’s on mead makers.
And before I forget, we need members. Please download an application from the Membership page on our website and send it in. It is also time for current members to renew. The Association and the Mazer Cup will only succeed with your support. Join the Association today and please volunteer to help at the Mazer Cup International! http://www.mazercup.com

I look forward to meeting all of you at the Mazer Cup.

Latest posts

Back