Other Amazon Wine Kits: Rated Five Star

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corinth

Reaction score
AMAZON FIVE STAR WINE KIT REVIEWS
Five star reviews are not categorized by type of wine. Hopefully, this information will help others on this forum and those who do a Google search beneficial in some way. Amazon Prime ships free if you are a member. I believe all the kits below are four week but I may be incorrect.
Vino Italiano 15.5 Lbs $43.00 Amazon Prime
342 reviews, five star 201. Of the 201 which received five stars, I totaled the ones that had the most five stars. I did the same for the other two box kits. All of these I believe to be manufactured by Packlab and all state the same ingredients. I did not look at the four star
Cabernet sauvignon 38
Chardonnay 23
Riesling 22
Zinfandel blush 22
Montepulciano 20
Tuscany Rosso Magnifico 20
Cornucopia 17.5 lb box Amazon prime $42.00
183 reviews, 125 five star
Tropical Riesling 16
Raspberry Pinot Noir 15
White Peach Chardonnay 14
This made the top 100 wine kits for 2014 according to wine maker magazine
what ever that is worth.
Reserve Du Chateau 17. 5 Lbs $56.00 Amazon prime,
201 reviews, 124 Five star
Chilean Merlot 27
Italian Nero D'Avola Cabernet Sauvignon 8
Shiraz 8
Italian Merlot 8
German Riesling Traminer 7
Ingredients
grape juice concentrate, varietal grape juice, liquid invert sugar, tartaric acid, citric acid, tannin,diammonium phosphate,metabisulphite,bentonite, wine yeast,ascorbic acid,potassium sorbate,kieselsol, chitosan. some may contain oak.

http://www.amazon.com/Vino-Italiano-Week-Chardonnay-15-5-Pound/product-reviews/B001ELJK4G/ref=dpx_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1&colid=PDCVEY9SU5IM&coliid=I36EW97GHA5056

http://www.amazon.com/Reserve-Du-Chateau-Cabernet-17-5-Pound/product-reviews/B001ELJJTM/ref=dpx_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1

http://www.amazon.com/Cornucopia-Making-Tropical-Riesling-16-4-Pound/product-reviews/B002RYY2YW/ref=dpx_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1
Corinth:slp

Last edited:
Is this 5 stars out of 10? or maybe 20?

Sorry but personally I wouldn't rate any of those kits as 5 star.

Steve

Amazon Wine Kits Rated five Stars by reviewsers.

This is based on 1 - 5 . five being the best. I am in no way doing nothing more than adding up the numbers. For some people out there in the Universe, this may work for them. That was my intent.

Also, another variable here is a proportion of those who buy the kits never write a review.

BTW: the few Wine Expert that were available (mainly reserve) all got five stars, no exception.

corinth

It is what??/

it is what it is,a inexpensive wine kit for those out there who can't afford a higher end kit,and by the way if you view the kit as a basic wine concentrate, then you can do a little something with it to make it pop.my last two threads on( when good wines gone bad) can prove that out,granted it's not for everyone,but they have a lot to offer for a small price and if done with some care and thought can stand up to a lot of others i have tasted.

DOES ANYONE OUT THERE REMEMBER TWO BUCK CHUCK TAKING IT ALL IN CALIFORNIA???

EVERYTHING YOU SEE IN THE PICTURE,SEALS,CORKS AND LABELS COMES IN THE KIT,YOU APPLY THE SKILL.

20140710_203826.jpg

1 contents.jpg

2 kit box.jpg

Last edited:
Amazon rating system is a little flawed when it comes to wine kits. Has more to do with delivery then how the kit turned out. Some people do wait to review until the wine is finished but most don't.

I've made a few of these and they are fun wines to experiment with. For me I'll experiment with a $50 kit, not so sure I'd do the same with a $140 kit.

The low end kits are great for base blends for my fruit wines.

Amazon wine kit reviews

It has to do more with delivery?
That is interesting. How did you come up with that? I think that many people do not want to wait and if they do not have Amazon Prime, you can wait a long time. I also agree that most people do not go through the trouble of reviewing a lot of things they buy as it is time consuming so we will never really know since it is not mandatory. I think it is also logical to believe that by the time they have made the wine, they say "later" as many people do. Too bad that Amazon does not sell a lot of varieties because the people who review items usually do a pretty good job and their review of items is extensive.
I like what Joe said"it is what it is,a inexpensive wine kit for those out there who can't afford a higher end kit,and by the way if you view the kit as a basic wine concentrate, then you can do a little something with it to make it pop.my last two threads on( when good wines gone bad) can prove that out,granted it's not for everyone,but they have a lot to offer for a small price and if done with some care and thought can stand up to a lot of others i have tasted."

My intent was to gather some stats and post them so anyone here or on the web could get a statistical perspective.
corinth:u

Last edited:
My bad, didn't say that right. Bad reviews caused by delivery, packaging, and reviewing to early.

I'm going to bump this.

Have any of you specifically tried the Vino italiano kits? I thought about buying one and making it to 5 gallons instead of 6, to try an improve the flavor profile.
I feel for the price it's a good kit to experiment with. Unless it's outdated or something.
What are your thoughts?

I've made the VI Barolo and Cabernet. They are drinkable. The Barolo was my first kit and Cab 3rd or 4th. I modified both, but I wouldn't make them again. Don't get me wrong, I didn't dump them, I just think the more expensive kits are worth it. That's just my taste though.

Having said that, I think they are pretty good, considering that even at 5 gallons, you're only around $2 a bottle.

Do you work for Amazon, seem a little sensitive? We have prime, just got a package directly from China, didnt even bother filthering it thru another company, Chinese stamps on it, very funny. I put Amazone reviews at about the same level I would if someone who was shopping with me at Walmart gave me their opinion about what to buy. Its good for the inventory they have, not as good as the homebrew place up the road. Great buy if you are just getting started and are anxious you will screw it up and waste a lot of money, good base to make a fruit port out of with your own fruit etc. WVMJ

It has to do more with delivery?
That is interesting. How did you come up with that? I think that many people do not want to wait and if they do not have Amazon Prime, you can wait a long time. I also agree that most people do not go through the trouble of reviewing a lot of things they buy as it is time consuming so we will never really know since it is not mandatory. I think it is also logical to believe that by the time they have made the wine, they say "later" as many people do. Too bad that Amazon does not sell a lot of varieties because the people who review items usually do a pretty good job and their review of items is extensive.
I like what Joe said"it is what it is,a inexpensive wine kit for those out there who can't afford a higher end kit,and by the way if you view the kit as a basic wine concentrate, then you can do a little something with it to make it pop.my last two threads on( when good wines gone bad) can prove that out,granted it's not for everyone,but they have a lot to offer for a small price and if done with some care and thought can stand up to a lot of others i have tasted."

My intent was to gather some stats and post them so anyone here or on the web could get a statistical perspective.
corinth:u

amazon-wine-kits-rated-five-star

Hi Mountainjack,
Sorry if I came off that way. I do not work for Amazon Just wanted to list what they have rated since rating anything is difficult to find anywhere on websites which give a numerical value with hundreds of people giving feedback. Par of what was said I was repeating what others had said in reply just to get some clarity--no biggie.
You said you ordered something from China?Was it a wine Kit? Was this through Amazon or someone else? I have looked at most of the Amazon websites but my Mandarin in not good.
I agree it is a good way to start if you do not want to mesh things up or are afraid to. Also,With Joe on board, he tweaks the kits and ends up with some pretty tasty stuff.
thanks for your reply Mountain Jack and sorry If It appeared that I was being a bit sensitive.
Corinth

vino Italian kits

I wouldn't go by reviews ,I go by what I know as a wine maker what I can do to the process t kick up a notch,and like I stated before the chardonnay turned out to be a $ 10.99 bottle and the latest on the super Tuscan smells excellent and has great aroma and color ,no e the proof of the putting is when it gets finished. I have done many $100 to $150 dollar kits and they were all just as described by the manufacture, but inexpensive kits are a chance to get your feet wet and hopefully come out with a decent product, for beginners as well as non-beginners.
keep in mined we tweaked each and everyone of these kits that is what makes the difference..........:h

1 vino italiano super tuscan (2) - Copy.jpg

2 kit box.jpg

2 box.jpg

Joe,

where did you buy that Vino Italiano Super Tuscan?
Because all their kits I saw at Amazon don't have this varietal.

super tuscan

just type in wine kits and a listing should pop up, that's all I did Or maybe type in super Tuscan wine kit under amazon, and see ,it is there.:spm

coconut FRESCATI

from the wonderful work of the internet came a cornucopia (AMAZON), a coconut FRESCATI,remember that one ,well last week Neviawen (Kate) took a first place in the specialty's segment at the Glassboro wine completition,not bad for a $1.62 bottle of wine.it can be done,
Cornocopia Cocoanut Frascata Kit
This kit we purchased off Amazon for ~$45.00 shipped. This kit contained the Frascata concentrate, Cocoanut F-pak, as well as labels, corks, caps, packets of yeast, sorbate, bentonite, k-met, and chitosan. This kit contains the essentials for any new winemaker (minus the basic equipment that is needed.)
What we added:
ball jar of simple syrup
Spring Water
The steps:
First, we added the bentonite and ½ gal. warm water and stirred until dissolved.
Next, we added the packet of frascata juice and then topped up to 5.5 gallon mark on our primary fermenter. (This kit makes 6 gal. but it seemed a bit weak, I didn't want it to be too thin in the end.)
Then, we took an SG reading. The kit as is, came to 1.070. We wanted our SG reading to be a little higher, so we added the ball jar of simple syrup and this brought it up one point. Our SG now is 1.08
Next, we gave the bucket a good stir and added the yeast.
The last step: We document the contents on our tag, hang it on the bucket, and draped a towel over the top. Now we wait.
Update:
Week 2: We racked to the glass carboy and just let it sit.
week 3: Tonight we added the packets or sorbate, k-met, and fining agent, and the cocoanut F-pak. I must say, the F pak is DELICIOUS! I would love to get my hand on another fpak like that to experient with. We wrapped the towel around the carboy and put it to sleep.
Stay tuned for week 4! We plan on racking if all goes well. More to come.
Cheers!
Joeswine and Neviawen

1 kit contents.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Joe! I followed these procedures with the blackberry zinfandel kit and it came out REALLY thin. I even added zante currants and it tastes thin and weak. Is there any saving it, you think?

Thanks Rich. I thought of that but what about headspace?!should I just not open the barrel? At worst that wine could help my barrel go neutral..

Should I get another and blend? Seems a little wasteful, though, not sure..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back