Amazing Story!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masta

Reaction score
Just wanted to share this true story involving my supervisor at work and a real great cab driver in New York City.

Last Thursday Steve went to NYC for a meeting for work and on the way back to the train station in a cab he took out his wallet to get some cash to pay for the taxi ride. After paying the driver he went into the train station and realized his wallet was not in his back pocket, so he rush back to where the cab dropped him off but the cab was gone.

After getting no helpfrom the transit cops he walked two blocks to the nearest police station to report his wallet missing but without remembering the cab number they told him good luck! By the time he got back to the train station he had missed his train so was forced to wait for the next one and sit and stew about how stupid it was to leave his wallet in the cab.

He arrived back in New London around 9:00 pm but with no cash he could not get his car out of the parking garage. With two young children at home asleep he had to call his parents to bring him some money so he could get his car and drive home. After getting home he made the important calls to his credit cards companies and bank to cancel his accounts. Friday morning first trip was to the DMV to get a new drivers license.

Early this morning before leaving for work he checked the mail which he had not checked on Monday and there was a priority mail package from NY. His wife looked at him and said "could that be your wallet?" he opened the package and it was indeed his wallet intact including the cash! Also included was a note from the cab driver who apologized for looking through it to find his address.

He also left his phone number so Steve could call him and let him know he received the package!!!

I am sure he is. I'm a firm believer in the saying: "Good things happen to good people."
smiley1.gif

Latest posts

Back