Amarone style wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slappy

Reaction score
Has anyone tried making an Amarone style wine from grapes and not a kit? I’ve seen quite a few threads on kits but wondering if anyone’s gone to the effort of drying their own grapes to give it a proper crack.
Vintage for me is coming up in late February-March and I’m toying with the idea of semi drying a hundred pounds or so of Shiraz/Syrah or Grenache grapes as an experiment just for a bit of fun.
I remember the old gentleman I pick Grenache from telling me he knows a few Italians that love to pick some fruit when it’s a bit raisined on the vine and I’m wondering what wine they’d be making from it.

Has anyone tried making an Amarone style wine from grapes and not a kit? I’ve seen quite a few threads on kits but wondering if anyone’s gone to the effort of drying their own grapes to give it a proper crack.
Vintage for me is coming up in late February-March and I’m toying with the idea of semi drying a hundred pounds or so of Shiraz/Syrah or Grenache grapes as an experiment just for a bit of fun.
I remember the old gentleman I pick Grenache from telling me he knows a few Italians that love to pick some fruit when it’s a bit raisined on the vine and I’m wondering what wine they’d be making from it.

Might want to check out this thread, I think it’s just what you’re looking for!!

https://www.winemakingtalk.com/threads/appassimento.56555/

Thanks JohnD,
Very much appreciated.
I may well end up giving it a go am in that planning stage of what to do. So many grapes and so many options which is a good place to be in :)

Back