Cellar Craft Amarone CC Showcase vs RJS

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

facn1989

Reaction score
I've seen some people rave about the CC Showcase (even calling it the best case they've ever done) Anyone ever done the both RJS En Primeur and CC Showcase and compared? Not sure which one to make

I've seen some people rave about the CC Showcase (even calling it the best case they've ever done) Anyone ever done the both RJS En Primeur and CC Showcase and compared? Not sure which one to make

Ive done the cc showcase amarone and its a great wine, rjs has two amarones in there EP series if im correct, amarone classico which has dried grape skins and the amarone which has crushed grape skins, i plan on doing the one with crushed grape skins soon.

I make an RJS CCS Amarone a while back. It came with crushed grape skins, dried grape skins and toasted oak. I bulk aged the wine for three years. It turned out magnificent.

I cannot get RJS kits in my region anymore, so now I'm limited to WE and Vineco offerings, which is somewhat unfortunate, since the best wines I ever made came from RJS kits.

I have made both and greatly prefer the Showcase. Last Christmas Eve we did a 5 year vertical tasting of Amarone and the En Premeur was 3 years old. We preferred the 2 YO Showcase. Surprisingly, the 5 YO Mosti Mondiale Renaissance was quite good. It is the first time (and last bottle) we actually finished a full bottle of that wine. In the end, Showcase Amarone is my big winner and the kit I have made most often.

Thanks, I just ordered the RJS Super Tuscan since it also has great reviews. I will try the CC Amarone soon. But also want to do the WE SLM Merlot, WE Lodi Ranchj Cab, WE Pinot Noir, WE Barolo. So much wine, so little time!

If someone is looking for an Amarone style wine on a tight budget you might try ROSSA ARDENTE™ - MASTER VINTNER™ WINEMAKER'S RESERVE. It's a 10L kit with no skin pack, but some oak. It makes a nice Amarone "light" style wine. I made this kit a little over a year ago and added 1/2 of a medium toast spiral in the second leg of aging. Bottled it at the end of May and it is one of my favorite wines I have made so far.

I have a CC Showcase Amarone aging that was started last January. It's bigger, richer, bolder than the Rossa Ardente, but it's not near as approachable yet. I started another RA (same kit) last month so I would have more to drink while I'm waiting for that darn Amarone to mature.

If someone is looking for an Amarone style wine on a tight budget you might try ROSSA ARDENTE™ - MASTER VINTNER™ WINEMAKER'S RESERVE. It's a 10L kit with no skin pack, but some oak. It makes a nice Amarone "light" style wine. I made this kit a little over a year ago and added 1/2 of a medium toast spiral in the second leg of aging. Bottled it at the end of May and it is one of my favorite wines I have made so far.

I have a CC Showcase Amarone aging that was started last January. It's bigger, richer, bolder than the Rossa Ardente, but it's not near as approachable yet. I started another RA (same kit) last month so I would have more to drink while I'm waiting for that darn Amarone to mature.

In my experience, the Showcase Amarone drinks pretty well at 1 year, regresses a little bit at 2 years then hits the sweet spot at 3 years. I find that a 3 yo version is pure ambrosia.

Latest posts

Back