Am I lucky or what

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sirs

just an oldman
Reaction score
I was doing what I seen suggested here about finding bulk grapes at vineyards, so I been calling a few I know of and I talked with this one guy and he says call this person (cause he thought I was looking for tons of grapes not puonds LOL) anyway he tells me this number and says tell them I told you to call. I did call and was told hey come on over we'll see what you might want........ I go over and there's like 7 or 8 acres of what I think are beautiful grapes they well we have these they'll be rip in a few weeks but their so over grown it'll be hard to pick them (they hadn't pruned last year) I said these over here look like they're ripe and they said oh if you want those you can get them also, I said how many??? They said as many as you want I about fell over I was like thanks soooooooo much thats so cool they said well least someone will enjoy birds got them all last year. Man I tell you ask and you shall recieve is really true

That is freakin awesome, what kinds are they?
well there are at least 2 types of muscadine and I think there is 3 other types not really sure what types they are I'm new to doing the grapes one I'm sure is chardeney or however you spell it really nice looking dark purple grape thats the type I know LOL

Thats great! How many did you get?
I've not got any yet but was told I could get all I wanted. Got any extra carboy's a person could borrow??????? LOL

Chardonnay grapes are not purple but who's counting. Hehehe With all that available it would be certainly worth it to you to get a press and a crusher destemmer and a pick up truck!!!!!

seems like she said there was chardonnay grapes there, anyway there was a load of the grapes that where purple LOL whatever their name was to bad none of you all are close by

If is was purple it could have been a concord. That's an awesome find.

I will be going to a local vineyard on labor day weekend to pick my grapes.

$.60 per pound.

If is was purple it could have been a concord. That's an awesome find.

I will be going to a local vineyard on labor day weekend to pick my grapes.

$.60 per pound.

well here is a few pics of what I did this afternoon took about 30 minutes to pick and that is 5 gallons buckets

0811102001.jpg

please let me know if you can tell what these are if you can LOL
0811102010.jpg

and yes that is a full carboy of elderberry behind
0811102104a.jpg

0811102141.jpg

any ideas will be helpful but doesn't matter all will be wine before to long

oh after de-stemming them we got around 8 gallons

I'm hopeing it turns out as good as my other wine made from grapes that tasted the same as these.

ok got them all crushed came out with a bit over 6 gallons of crushed fruit letting my hands get feeling back in them that was alot to crush by hand.

Back