Allinonewinepump - degassing prior to bulk storing??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crcarey

Reaction score
After the primary ferment and racking for bulk aging do you guys use the allinonewinepump to degas some prior to bulk aging? Historically, I have gravity racked and bulk aged for 5 months then used the allinone for degassing and bottling. I feel though all the sediment doesn't completely drop because it's suspended in co2 and maybe degassing prior to bulk storage may help. Thoughts?

I do. I will degas with aio, then whip it with drill and attachment. Next, add my clearing agents and kmeta. Then bulk age.

I generally just rack my wine about four times and it is degassed. From bucket to carboy, carboy to carboy after fermentation is complete, k meta added, then 3 months later, 3 months later. If required, and it generally isn't I add clearing agents at that point, backsweeten, maybe rack one more time and bottle. All rankings and bottling is done with my all in one.

Last edited:
I generally just rack my wine about four times and it is degassed. From bucket to carboy, carboy to carboy after degassed is complete, k meta added, then 3 months later, 3 months later. If required, and it generally isn't I add clearing agents at that point, backsweeten, maybe rack one more time and bottle. All rankings and bottling is done with my all in one.

EXACTLY PUT !! There is no need to use any type of degassing tool to add air into your wine

Hey Steve, thanks for he call last night!!! Can't beat that service. Think then allinone will pull gas out if I rack at 55 degrees?

I agree 100% with the degassing happening as a byproduct of all the rackings. Especially if aging at least 6 months with a couple rackings.
I suspect that people who are more familiar with kit winemaking and not seasonal juice would easily get hung up on the degassing. The way those instructions are set up (so they can say "bottling in 6 weeks!) they make degassing early a "crucial" part of the process. And stating "if not fully degassed the clearing agents will not work properly".
And then They only say if you do intend to age, one should rack and add so2. What they should say though is that "if planning to age longer, then these instructions would be COMPLETELY different, with degassing and clearing agents able to be done down the road. If needed at all"
It can be misleading for a person who only does kits, having them believe a thorough degassing is needed after 'secondary'.

Latest posts

Back