Allinonewinepump.com vacuum press review

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dralarms

Overboard as usual
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got mine today and used it on muscadines.

First, muscadine has some thick sludge so the pipe worked good but because of the thickness of the must it didn't work great. On regular grapes or other fruit it will work fantastic.

Now on the the vacuum bag, I tested it by putting 1/2 in the vacuum bag and the other half the way I normally do it and I squeezed until my wife hands hurt. The vacuum press got more juice and the scrap was dryer than mine e that I squeezed out. And after squeezing my bag I tossed it in the vacuum press and got even more out of it.

Steve, you sure got another winner here.

I have another bucket to do tomorrow and expect great results.

In addition to this working great, Steve shipped mine out early so I could use this on my muscadines. Many thanks Steve.

And I have to say the "boot screen" has to be the thickest thing I've ever used.

Thanks for your input Gerald !

I knew that the pipe used to remove the first run - was a bit tight for your removal. I hope to have alot of screenings coming in that the wife will custom make, to go over the intake tube. Maybe in different diameters sizes ?

I hope it was a time saver and a back saver ?

less time to make wine and more time to enjoy the wine !

Thanks for your input Gerald !

I knew that the pipe used to remove the first run - was a bit tight for your removal. I hope to have alot of screenings coming in that the wife will custom make, to go over the intake tube. Maybe in different diameters sizes ?

I hope it was a time saver and a back saver ?

less time to make wine and more time to enjoy the wine !

Definitely a hand saver, :b I've been "pressing" by hand and I prided myself on how dry my scraps were when I got done. I was really impressed that I got somewhere between 1/2 a bottle to 1 bottle out of the must it had already hand pressed.

Steve has another winner. :r:r:r:r:r:r:r:r:r:r:r:r:r:r

To update on the vacuum press,

Steve sent me a new straining bag to go into the vacuum bag, I received it yesterday and got to use it today.

I did 2 bushels of apples:

Out of 2 bushels I got about 9 gallons of wine.

Ran the tube, works much better. Doesn't clog with the larger size screen.

Placed all the leftovers into the new mesh bag (the larger one) and proceeded to pull a vacuum.

I let the pump run 5 min, and then let the vacuum pressure do the rest. After about 15 to 20 minutes I would go back and pull vacuum for another 5 to 7 min.

Since I had 2 bushels of apples I stopped halfway through and turned the mesh bag over to finish up.

After running the vacuum the must seemed "wet" so I tossed it back into a regular mesh bag and hand squeezed it to see if I could get anymore out of it. I was only able to press maybe a bottle out. The "wetness" was deceiving. It was pretty dry. Not as dry as a hydraulic press but wouldn't miss it by much.

I didn't take any pictures or videos as I don't have any way to work and hold the camera at the same time and I didn't stand there and watch it the whole time.

I think Steve ( @vacuumpumpman ) has another winner with this for the home wine maker that just doesn't have the room for a big press or want to spend the money for one either. This to me is a economical alternative to a big press

Almost a year ago I made up some apricot wine with fresh apricots from Michigan. I tasted and it needed more apricot flavor – My only alternative was to add 2 gallons of the wine into 5 pounds of dried apricot.

The taste was great – to be added to the entire 7 gallon batch.

Just 1 problem – how to press all this YUCK ! Well I pulled out my vacuum press using my Allinonewinepump. It was literally easy to do – pour into vacuum bag with custom sewed strainer. Lay on floor and turn pump on and let it remove most all the juice – I started to roll up the ends to help it along.20171126_165655.jpg

20171126_172123.jpg
Well I was very happy with the outcome as we will be using the leftovers for fruit roll-ups in the dehydrator this week.
20171126_175058.jpg

Clean-up took less than 10 minutes from start to finish – no lifting any heavy presses.

Never thought about fruit rollups from the leftovers. How ,Uchiha alcohol are you introducing the kiddie to? Lol

Who mentioned anything about the kids ?

I am sure that there is no alcohol - but we may have to back sweeten a bit

This is called a free run tube – it comes in 2 pieces so it is easy to ship and store. It also comes with a durable custom made mesh that slides over the outside of the tube. It makes it a lot easier to go from the primary fermenters into the secondary, without all the mess.

I will be selling this attachment if anyone is interested - please PM for now - until I get it on my site

I pushed the tube in the 90 pounds of must and let it sit a bit and turned the (All in one wine pump) on and started to pull out the first run juice – 5 gallons worth. I then cut a hole in a plastic lid and another hole in a bucket and placed some wood on top of it. I was then able to sit and press the skins all at the same time ! I was able to get another 1 gallon of wine.

I started a 2nd run and I will show how the vacuum press works at that time.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Is anyone interested in the free run tube with the custom strainer bag ?

If so please PM me

hi Steve. this is Vince from Winnipeg,canada. Have tried to get in contact with you in regards to the vaccum bag strainer combo ? but kept missing each other. I have bought your pump couple of months ago and the came across this article describing using the pump to press grape must or fruit. And since i make fair amount of diferent fruit wines it would come handy. I could not find it on your web site. is it available to purchase yet? If yes how and where? Hope to hear back. Thanks. Vince.

hi Steve. this is Vince from Winnipeg,canada. Have tried to get in contact with you in regards to the vaccum bag strainer combo ? but kept missing each other. I have bought your pump couple of months ago and the came across this article describing using the pump to press grape must or fruit. And since i make fair amount of diferent fruit wines it would come handy. I could not find it on your web site. is it available to purchase yet? If yes how and where? Hope to hear back. Thanks. Vince.

@vacuumpumpman

Latest posts

Back