Allinone Wine Pump Cleaning

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaJinAK

Reaction score
Trying to find out how others are cleaning, specifically drying, their hose that has the vacuum release and the red and blue ends. Do you remove the hoses from the vacuum release? If you don't, how are you getting this to dry?

Thank you!
Jules

If mine gets wine in it I'll suck up a little kmeta into it then I'll hang it so everything runs out. Once in a while I'll take the release button apart and clean it.

First of all, you should minimize drawing any liquid into that line. The Overflow bottle is to protect the pump against accidental sucking of liquid into that line. Ideally, you never draw liquid, other than vapor, into that line.

I run water through the line (hold one end up to the faucet, and use my hand to make a seal). After that, drip dry. If you really wanted to, you can use the pump to draw air through the line for a while to dry it out.

+1 what @dralarms does - just make sure you do it right after you are done racking/bottling and you shouldn't have any problems. I hang mine on a door leading to the basement, my wife just loves it! :h

I will run some meta thru it - then a good flush of water - then just hang that hose upside from the vacuum release, down to dry out. If you have access to compressed air - you can always blow into it if needed.

Hot water and a hang dry for me. While the water goes through, I make sure to open the release valve so that gets a rinse as well. I only do this if I know there's been liquid through there (rare) or I see moisture.

Since cleaning is a pet peeve of mine, and the AIO is mostly tubing, I'll share a little technique I use for cleaning my tubing, which I do regularly.

Get a piece of string longer than your tubing and tie a piece of cloth rag onto it, size the strip of rag to fit snugly into the hose. Coiled in the sink, run hot water through the hose to flush it out. While running the water into the hose, feed the free end of the string into the water stream as it enters the hose, this will thread the string through the tube, you can then pull the rag through. Put whatever you want on the rag, cleaning solution, kmeta, dry rag to dry out, etc. Keeps em clean and sparkling.

I also have a couple of tubing cleaners made of a length of electrical wire with the insulation still on it. Same principle, rag on one end, feed the wire through the tube, pull the rag through to clean / dry. When you're done with it, it rolls into a neat little coil for storage.

A little anal? OK, I admit that, but if you've not cleaned the inside of your hoses with any kind of friction / abrasion and they're looking a little dull, you'll be surprised to see what comes out on the rag.

So about much time is involved with the cleanup of the AIO after usage?

Just a couple min along with the othher cleanup tasks.

I sucked a bunch of wine into my overflow bottle and a little went through the lump itself :( how should I clean?

That was a while ago and it seems to work fine but wouldn't mind cleaning it up inside if possible.

Thx!
-jb

So about much time is involved with the cleanup of the AIO after usage?

Very little. Dump the bottle and rinse the vacuum hose out if you get any wine in it.

I sucked a bunch of wine into my overflow bottle and a little went through the lump itself :( how should I clean?

That was a while ago and it seems to work fine but wouldn't mind cleaning it up inside if possible.

Thx!
-jb

If it starts acting up contact [email protected], he can fix it PDQ

Thx!
-jb

If this happens to ANYONE - please contact me ASAP

There is a procedure that I will walk with you over the phone to help the pump reed valves and such from getting too sticky and not working properly. I also can overhaul the entire vacuum pump assembly at a very reasonable amount.

I do not believe in - if it is broke - throw it out and buy new

contact me directly - [email protected] - or contact me thru the main page of my website

Thank you very much for the responses and the pm Steve. Sounds like no one really separates the hoses so I will not either. This forum is the best!!
Jules

Latest posts

Back