All Time Favorite Christmas Movie

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julie

Reaction score
Ok what is your favorite Christmas Movie,

Mine is The Christmas Story

"Only I didn't say 'fudge'. I said THE word; the queen mother of all dirty words -- the F-dash-dash-dash word!"

Christmas Story gets another vote here... followed closely by Christmas Vacation

OMG yes Christmas Vacation, just watched that last night.

Watched the Christmas Carol last night with Jim Carrey. My favorate movie is The Miracle on 34th street.
Watched the new Yogi Bear movie today...save your money, and I love Yogi.

Christmas movie has to be Christmas Vacation for me also. Island of Misfit Toys is a close second though!

Christmas Vacation by far is the best!! I watch that 2-3 times each season and I laugh my tail each and every time.

Cousin Eddie - doesn't get funnier than that :)

"Oh, Eddie... If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now."

"Oh, Eddie... If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now."

"Got the oldest in the clinic being cured off the wild turkey - the boy training to be in the circus."

"That there's an RV!"

"You serious clark?"

I could go on and on..

Ok what is your favorite Christmas Movie,

Mine is The Christmas Story

"Only I didn't say 'fudge'. I said THE word; the queen mother of all dirty words -- the F-dash-dash-dash word!"

great movie! Other quotes...

I double dog dare you!
you'll shoot your eye out!
be sure to drink your ovaltine.

and who could forget...

"over the years, I have become quite the conneseur of soap. I preferred lifeboy which had a slight picant flavor".

My wife grew up listening to Gene Shepard over the radio. This is how my father-in-law got his kids to sleep at night.

The only problem is that this movie is played ALL THE TIME. I think that TBS or TNT usually runs this movie "back to back" for 24 hours between Christmas Eve and Christmas day.

My favorite is either "White Christmas" (bing crosby) or It's a wonderful life.

Speaking of "Its a wonderfule life", did anybody see the old SNL skit of the alternate ending of that movie? In this version, the uncle realizes that Mr Potter stole the $8,000.00 and the whole town chases Potter down and kicks his A$$.

The funniest bit was when George Bailey (Dana Carvey) says... "every time a misor gets punched an angel get's it wings". This cracks me up every time.

great movie! Other quotes...

I double dog dare you!
you'll shoot your eye out!
be sure to drink your ovaltine.

and who could forget...

"over the years, I have become quite the conneseur of soap. I preferred lifeboy which had a slight picant flavor".

My wife grew up listening to Gene Shepard over the radio. This is how my father-in-law got his kids to sleep at night.

The only problem is that this movie is played ALL THE TIME. I think that TBS or TNT usually runs this movie "back to back" for 24 hours between Christmas Eve and Christmas day.

My favorite is either "White Christmas" (bing crosby) or It's a wonderful life.

Speaking of "Its a wonderfule life", did anybody see the old SNL skit of the alternate ending of that movie? In this version, the uncle realizes that Mr Potter stole the $8,000.00 and the whole town chases Potter down and kicks his A$$.

The funniest bit was when George Bailey (Dana Carvey) says... "every time a misor gets punched an angel get's it wings". This cracks me up every time.

That was a funny episode! I like both of those as well. I also like George C. Scott's - A Christmas Carol.

for me guess it has to be Miracle on 34th street the older one...... I loved Natalie Wood I had a crush on her from when I was little. Man that makes me feel old of course I know I'm not that old I look good for a 100 year old man

"Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny f&%king Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white a$$ down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of a$$holes this side of the nuthouse!"

Definately Christmas Vacation!!!

[Todd and Margo Chester, the Griswold's yuppie neighbors, appear]
Todd: Hey Griswold. Where do you think you're gonna put a tree that big?
Clark: Bend over and I'll show you.
Todd: You've got a lot of nerve talking to me like that Griswold.
Clark: I wasn't talking to you.

:D

Another good Christmas movie is Home Alone. I liked this first time I saw it but for some reason it seems to get better every time I watch it.

Back