All the way from Ireland :)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

someirishman

Reaction score
Hey everyone nice to meet you all. I've been lurking for a few months and reading reviews of different wine kits which has influenced my purchasing and has pointed me in the right direction for quality wine.

I've been brewing beers for a few years and maybe 6 months ago started wine kits, started with a few beaverdale 7.5 liter kits, the whites have been surprisingly good especially chardonndy/semillon. I've since moved onto winexpert both world vineyard 10 liter kits and selection 16 liter kits.

Currently brewing I have

we selection chilean merlot 16l
kenridge showcase South Africa Chenin Blanc 16l x2
we wv Washington merlot 10l with grape skins (clearing atm)
we wv trinity white 10l (clearing atm)
we selection California sauvignon blanc 16l (clearing atm)

I have been brewing in fermenter buckets but switched to fast ferment conical fermemters this last few brews and I find it easier without racking, There's a lot of discussion about conical's and maybe I will do a post reviewing them and showing best tips and tricks for wine making in them as I believe they are designed mostly for beer but can be great for wine if you don't bulk age for long periods.

Anyway that's a big introduction so its time for a glass of wine!

Thanks bud, I like the forum and the advice is priceless, Mostly tho I enjoy looking through the reviews trying to find my next tipple. As I said I've been lurking and would of signed up sooner if I had of ran into problems but its been smooth sailing from beer to wine brewing.

Thanks bud, I like the forum and the advice is priceless, Mostly tho I enjoy looking through the reviews trying to find my next tipple. As I said I've been lurking and would of signed up sooner if I had of ran into problems but its been smooth sailing from beer to wine brewing.

Thanks, I learned a new word today... tip·ple1

verb
drink alcohol, especially habitually.
"those who liked to tipple and gamble"

noun informal
an alcoholic drink.

Welcome Irish! I feel like you are one of us. An irish winemaker has got to be similar to one in the southeast US. Grapes just loathe growing here...

Sour grapes is going to love the new word.

Thanks guys, I shall have to start taking more pictures. When I get some free time I shall make a thread with conical tips for wine, Gotta wait for this hangover to blow over first, I got a little too friendly with a few bottles of homebrew zinfandel last night :)

Latest posts

Back