"All Nat. Flavoring"

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WAC4504

Reaction score
Stay AWAY form it!!!! Just bottled my plum wine that I added the stuff to and it rase just like the stuff. Taste like the plum pitts, not plums, this is the wine I messed up on and thought that the all nat. flavoring would help bring out the flavor but it didn't. I added sugar to back sweeten and now it's a pithy tasting sweet wine, that isn't bad with ginger ale, but taste like crap on its own. Saved 5 bottles to age for at least a year and see if that helps. My advice though is to stay away from the flavorings, I plan to give the rest of what I have to someone that makes jellies and jams. Good luck, and happy brewing. Bill

Some of that flavoring is strong stuff, you can add several drops of watermelon in a wine glass and BAM!!! You would think a watermelon truck crashed into the room.

bench trials are always recommended when doing additions to wine. further guarantee occurs when you make a small batch of the new wine and see how it tastes after a week or so. bench trials would have saved your angst against this wine.

Yeah, those flavorings are not always helpful. The best way to get very good flavor on fruit wines like plum is to ferment them with no added water. Freeze the fruit first to get it to release its juice and you won't need to add water for testing. There are only a couple of fruit wines that we add water to. The rest are done only on the fruit and then you get that big fruit flavor.

I think this was my 2nd batch of wine, and I learned my lesson. Although talking to some friends that I give the wine to, we come up with a great idea, just add a lemon, lime, and orange wedge to it and you got sangria.

I think this was my 2nd batch of wine, and I learned my lesson. Although talking to some friends that I give the wine to, we come up with a great idea, just add a lemon, lime, and orange wedge to it and you got sangria.

Yeah I made wine from old jars of jam and jelly.....meeeehhhh....you can drink it but only if you have too! made a big party sized batch of sangria with some dollar store fruit cocktail, seven up, and dumped some triple sec, brandy, vodka just bits and pieces of left over bottles.....it was a big hit after a community work party. Make a lot, make it cold, make it free....it will get consumed!

Latest posts

Back