All my stuff stored on the heater...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winestar

Junior
Reaction score
Soo.. I bought a full set of additives and stuff to make some new batches for the upcoming 2 years. But, I wasn't at home when it got delivered on Thursday. It's been sitting for 3 days and some hours on the heater in the hall here, with a temperature of about 35 degrees celcius.

All my acids are clumped (citric & tartaric), it contained pectic enzyme, multiple yeasts, tannins, bentonite and calcium carbonate. I worry most about the yeasts and pectic enzymes. How ruined would they be?

Frankly, none of those items are terribly expensive, consider replacing anything that doesn’t look right, and definitely the yeasts and enzymes. You can test the acids and calcium carbonate by mixing up solutions and checking pH. Tannins and bentonite should be fine.

Frankly, none of those items are terribly expensive, consider replacing anything that doesn’t look right, and definitely the yeasts and enzymes. You can test the acids and calcium carbonate by mixing up solutions and checking pH. Tannins and bentonite should be fine.
Thanks! How about DAP? Can't find much info on that one, I guess that'll be fine as well?

Back