WineXpert All Juice Red Zin in primary 48hrs not doing much?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcasaccio

Reaction score
Hi, this is my 4th kit. I started this one Monday, now Wednesday. It doesn't seem to have the same activity as the other kits I have done, no real bubbles, or surface swirling movement. I follow all instructions to a T and sterilize everything. What gives? Am I just worrying over nothing? I'd hate for this one to be messed up as the kits are not cheap.

I had the proper water temp for both bentonite and yeast mixures....

Thoughts? Do I need to just chill and ck SG in few more days ? SG was 1.080 to start (Monday) and is now 1.074 today.... temp constant 74 degrees since start.

Thanks!
Jack

If you are fermenting in a bucket leave the lid adjar. If in a carboy take the airlock off. 1.080 seams a bit low for starting gravity. It sounds like it started since the gravity dropped. In the begining the yeast needs more oxygen to get started so stir it a little. What yeast did you use? Some take 48 hours to start.
The famous three "P's"
Patience
Patinece
Patience.

If its ferenting then you are fine, some wines will act differently then others even with the same yeast.

Latest posts

Back