all in one wine pump

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larry

Reaction score
Hello I ordered a AIO yesterday I have a couple questions.The link for the filter housing (filtersfast) they are out of stock is there an alt. one that can be used? I also read somewhere on here you can not filter when bottling..why? and can the filters be used over again? Thank you all for your help

Check amazon for any parts that are out of stock. Use the same part numbers. Can't answer the other questions

OK - I'm Back
All the part # on filter fast can also be found at walmart.com and amazon =
just make sure you use the exact part numbers.

I recommend filtering first prior to bottling =
because you will get a consistent flow thru the filter cartridge and it will not go backwards while the bottling process is back flowing into the carboy and the filter to get the proper liquid height in the bottle.

This device has been a real improvement when filtering and bottling =
https://www.allinonewinepump.com/product/new-precision-adjustable-vacuum-valve/

Filtering=
It slows down the flow of wine when filtering - less chances of pulling in any air -
better filtration at slower rates- (keep it near a gravity flow to get the best results)

bottling =
it slows the flow of wine so you do not have to feather the vacuum release and
there is very little or no FOAMING issues, because of it.

Filters =
I will reuse the filter between carboys , but I do not save them - too many issues and they are too cheap to ruin a batch of wine.

Where do you buy the AIO now @vacuumpumpman ? Its on6 your website for 199.00 but don't see a buy option. Everywhere else its closer to 250.00

Thanks Steve. I will be getting it by the time I have to degass. My drill is history. In stead of buying a new one Im pulling the trigger on the best

Thanks Steve. I will be getting it by the time I have to degass. My drill is history. In stead of buying a new one Im pulling the trigger on the best

That's great Tess !

It has been awhile since we have chatted - missed Ya

D1C33A9A-AB1A-40FB-A413-82025F0D5FF5.jpeg
Bottling passion fruit wheat. Just a few of the bottles. Racking from fermentation chamber to bottling carboy (sitting on top of my brew keggle), I fill a couple of glass bottles, then hold the plastic next to the floor, they fill with gravity. Then back to the rest of the glass.
Cheers

Quick question when transferring from primary bucket to carboy. I normally leave my buckets at ground height and the carboys are up on counter, about 3 ft tall. I seem to be having a problem drawing a vacuum with it like this. I know my memory is getting back but I could swear that is how I have done it in the past. Thoughts?

Quick question when transferring from primary bucket to carboy. I normally leave my buckets at ground height and the carboys are up on counter, about 3 ft tall. I seem to be having a problem drawing a vacuum with it like this. I know my memory is getting back but I could swear that is how I have done it in the past. Thoughts?

Well low to high is the technical proper way. I stopped transferring low to high all together aside from bottling and only do side by side. I was having problems stopping at the end while leaving lees undisturbed. Nearing the bottom and stopping to adjust something It would siphon back and kick up all the lees. or if I accidentally let the racking cane go dry it would create the hot tub style bubbling. TBH I’m still not actually sure of the correct order of these steps:
-pressing open the air valve
- pulling up racking cane
-turning off motor
-breaking vacuum seal on receiving vessel
But Side by set allows me to have more control. I see all the action in one line of sight. And the back-siphon flow doesn’t occur as easily. Not sure about your issues since your doing it right. I assume you checked all the seals. Sometimes i need to give the metal valve button a little twist. It’s getting a little wear and tear on it and can be stuck slightly open without pressing it in at all. But a simple twist quickly fixes that.

Last edited:
You can always PM me or contact me directly thru my website if I do not answer your question in full.

Once the transferring is almost empty - start slowing the vacuum by either pushing on the release or opening the precision vacuum valve. Then once you are ready to stop - lift up the racking tube out of the wine and let a bit of air thru the hose and press and hold the vacuum release valve. This will prevent any back flow into the carboy that you just pulled from.

I hope that helps

You can always PM me or contact me directly thru my website if I do not answer your question in full.

Once the transferring is almost empty - start slowing the vacuum by either pushing on the release or opening the precision vacuum valve. Then once you are ready to stop - lift up the racking tube out of the wine and let a bit of air thru the hose and press and hold the vacuum release valve. This will prevent any back flow into the carboy that you just pulled from.

I hope that helps
That’s the way I do it. Pull out before done. Lol

Latest posts

Back