All good things must come to an end.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearpaw8491

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After 5 yrs of great service, my homemade muscadine crusher finally gave up the ghost - in the middle of the crush I might add!:slp:m

I checked with a good friend at Alternative Beverage, ebrew.com (my go to brew shop) to see if there were any rentals available. There were none but we did find a badly damaged, inoperable Marchisio crusher in the dark recesses of the warehouse. Jess said that he had never put it on the floor due to the extent of the damage and I was welcomed to try my hand at repairing it.

Well, after 7 hrs of beating, banging and general improvising, I got it back into working order. I called him and we struck a deal. Here's my new crusher still showing a lot of dents, dings and broken welds but working nevertheless.

I processed the rest of the harvest (~130 lbs) in a matter of minutes and couldn't be happier! (Tried to post short vid of crusher in action but didn't make it thru cyberspace - sorry.)

Attachments

• IMG_1549.jpeg
    IMG_1549.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1554.jpeg
    IMG_1554.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Back