Alexanders Grape Concentrate?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryano

Wino in training
Reaction score
Hello all, I picked a couple cans of Alexanders grape concentrate and was wondering if anyone has ever used it and had any advice before I give it a go.

The only thing I've heard is that the wine is very thin. I've heard that if you use these concentrates to give more body to a fruit wine they work fine. NO personal experience but just what I've read on this forum

make 4 gallon batch out of 2 cans. I have used the Riesling and used 3 cans for 6 gallons and it turned out nice. I had made 5 gallons with 2 cans and ordered another can after tasting it and reworked it. Don't add sugar they way they say, use your hydrometer and start at 1.07. Save a cup of concentrate for a f-pak at end

i used a can of the vino blanc in my apple pear spice to add body. it's due to be sweetened this weekend and is turning out very nice!

thanks for the info, went with 3 cans pinot noir in 6 gallons. sugared to 1080, added nutrient and energyzer, and brought the acid up to .65
i'll report back with some results.

Latest posts

Back