alcohol free

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tooth - thanks for correcting me on this; it seems I was given some faulty info ( should have checked it out more thoroughly). I had made some ginger beer a while ago so I just went and checked and fortunately the remaining bottles are in all in a refrigerator.

No worries. I wasn't trying to call you out on that. I just wanted to make sure nobody tried it and got hurt. :D

Alcohol free wines are made by distilling the alcohol off under vacuum. The vacuum lowers the boiling temp and the wine suffers little or no damage. But it's a felony, so it's kind of irrelevant. By the time you cooked off all the alc at a boil it would taste bad.

Maybe you could just try to mail order some alcohol free wine. I've seen it in the grocery stores here but haven't tried it. That bit above about being .5% is spot on. Not sure it's safe anyway. Better ask the doc before anything else.

Congrats on the baby.

Alcohol free wines are made by distilling the alcohol off under vacuum. The vacuum lowers the boiling temp and the wine suffers little or no damage. But it's a felony, so it's kind of irrelevant. By the time you cooked off all the alc at a boil it would taste bad.

Maybe you could just try to mail order some alcohol free wine. I've seen it in the grocery stores here but haven't tried it. That bit above about being .5% is spot on. Not sure it's safe anyway. Better ask the doc before anything else.

Congrats on the baby.

Thanks, Mud. That will save me waisting any wine in a fruitless experiment. I think my wife misses the idea of wine more than the wine itself. She makes sodas that we keg and she's been pouring soda into a wine glass with dinner, which seems to be making her happy enough for now. :)

That's funny.My wife only drinks soda when she's pregnant, and it's because she misses her wine.

I'll have to tell my wife that, so she doesn't think she's the only one.

Both of you guys quit it!!!! You know who you are! LOL

I too would think the only way would be to evaporate the alcohol out, but as everyone else said you end up with juice.

I too have made root beer in the old days and it would quite frankly kick your ashes.

I am wondering why this poster is asking, are they not allowed to make alcohol, and just like the taste. It seems to me that the addition of alcohol is what adds to a wines "signature"

I too, have had N/A beer, never heard of N/A wine, but if this is a question of legality, at some point you would have to make it with alcohol before removing it.

Troy

I noticed Naxxy is from Africa a lot of Africains are also Muslim and alcohol is forbidden. maybe he is just trying to figure out how to have his cake and eat it to.The laws in his country may be and are probably completely different than any of ours

i have sucessfully made a alcohol free hefeweizen beer...wine is easy

like any alcoholic beverage you just need to heat it to the point where the alcohol boils, which is less than water. Alcohol boils at 170 i believe, what i did is put a big metal pot in an oven and heat to that temperature...you will notice at first a strong alcohol smell coming off, that is the alcohol evaporating...do it until you minimize the smell as much as possible leaving only a fermented wine or beer behind with very little alcohol. some water wil lboil off too so top you wine or brew. I came across an article on how to do this when i was looking to make some homade beer for some of the church staff that enjoyed beer but took an oath not to drink alcohol...its a great alternative.....dont know how wine would turn out though

The Food Network had a neat special on how Sutter Hill removes the alcohol from their wine. They call their low alcohol wine Fre'. I had some white zin last fall and it was very good. They wouldn't divulge their secret on TV but it didn't look like an evaporation set-up.

Naxxy is alright,I sent him some stuff through the mail.He is sending a check with a little extra for my time.I would say not a bad deal!....Upper

non alcohol

in sweden they drink it for christmas , some of them are 0 alcohol , other are 2 % or so , they are really tasty and are called Glögg , it is like a sweet wine with a lot of flavours , but they drink it warm

Latest posts

Back