Alan in Washington

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

Reaction score
Hi there. I am in Burlington WA. I am currently a Washington State University Enology student, a home winemaker, and on my way to starting a commercial winery. I have a wine photo folder on my photobucket account but I can't post links yet. When I get my five in I will add it to this post.

The plan for this years harvest is Cabernet Sauv, Syrah, Riesling, Chardonnay, and a Sparkling Muscat. The Syrah & Chardonnay will be new this year. All of the fruit Will be coming from the Yakima Valley except the Chard which will come from the Columbia Gorge East of Portland/Vancouver.

mmadmikes1

smart @$$
Reaction score
Howdy nieghbor, and welcome, Have you tried any Chelan grapes yet?

Reaction score
Are you in Deming?

No, I haven't tried Chelan fruit. So far my method for choosing fruit has been: Find a wine that I love, find out where the vineyard is, aquire the fruit, make great wine. So far I have not been denied fruit. I am talking with a vineyard right now for Syrah and they are not being receptive but I have not given up.

Here is that link to my wine photos: http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z68/apexnow/Wine/

mmadmikes1

smart @$$
Reaction score
I am in Glacier and I was also talking about Chelan grapes. Maybe next season you will have to go for a ride. There are some real good wines coming from next to Lake Chelan. BTW my son got me a used 60 gallon medium toast barrel for Christmas at a winery in Woodenville. they are used but he was broke so they couldn't cost that much. I will ask where the place is but a google search would probably do it cause there cant be that many wineries in Woodenville

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am in Glacier and I was also talking about Chelan grapes. Maybe next season you will have to go for a ride. There are some real good wines coming from next to Lake Chelan. BTW my son got me a used 60 gallon medium toast barrel for Christmas at a winery in Woodenville. they are used but he was broke so they couldn't cost that much. I will ask where the place is but a google search would probably do it cause there cant be that many wineries in Woodenville
If you are ever in Burlington look me up, I always enjoy chatting with a fellow wino. I will look into Chelan, we may be making a trip over there this summer. I would like to know which winery the barrel came from. There are a bunch of wineries down there now. Even Challenger Ridge out of Concrete has a tasting room in Woodinville.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
You wouldnt mind if I snuck over there and borrowed that press would you? :) Nice toys you have there and Welcome to our site here!

Reaction score
You wouldn't mind if I snuck over there and borrowed that press would you? :) Nice toys you have there and Welcome to our site here!
I am always happy to loan out equipment but you'd better come packing full bottles!!!

I have not had the opportunity to use it yet but it sure looks great sitting in my garage.

Latest posts