Alabama wine makers?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The topics were typical beginning wine making stuff. They did a demo of starting a peach fruit wine. They also did a demo of starting an Orchard Breezin kit. I don't know that we learned anything new but it was a lot fun just to see how other people do things and talk for over an hour about making wine. There was one other couple there who just started making wine 4 months ago.

They were very friendly and answered any question we asked. Got a chance to taste their wines. Bought a couple of bottles of ones we liked. Checked out their wine making supplies. Picked up a 6 gallon glass carboy, a strawberry wine kit and some odds and ends. All in all it was a great way to spend a few hours on a Saturday afternoon.

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

They are very friendly. I pick muscadines there in late August and September. It is great to do in the fall.

We're you picking muscadine so for them or picking them for yourself and paying them by the pound, bushel, etc. ?

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

I pick them for them when they can use me. They usually hire only spanish speaking folks for some reason but when they are not around, I get that work. A buck a 5 gallon pail. Hard work but it pays for my wine.

Just jerkin your chain. I pick them for myself. $1 a pound. They will sell you the juice also.

Latest posts

Back