Ahh crap another forum to follow :)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyL

Reaction score
Well google search kept putting me here, and after a few weeks of trolling picking up some good info... Well guess it's time to just register :)

AndyL from calgary (canada eh!) - yes if you've seen me on other forums, yes I'm probably the same one :) 4x4s, R/C planes, RVs, cars in general,hydroponics (aquaponics) aquariums, the list goes on and on... Like I said, aw crap - I'll never get off this PC now...

Currently getting ready to bottle my second wine kit... Rapidly expanded from a single primary and carboy - to now 2 primaries, 5 carboys, and too much other stuff to mention :)

Part of the reason I'm here - is to start getting away from the kits - I'm seeing what will be a record harvest on my crabapples out back (last year it was a good 2-3 30g garbage pails full - and it was a bad year) - Thinking we might need to put some to good use. Except my wife isn't fond of the dry dry wines - so wondering whether I should cut it with strawberry or ???

Haven't decided yet - but seriously thinking about adding a few grape vines to my hydroponics system... Looks like I'll have lots of reading ahead of me on that one - but could be rewarding; Just wondering if it'll take years to mature like the outdoors plants - or more like the hydro strawberries I started this year, that have been keeping my girls harvesting weekly for a few months now...

Please deposit $4 dollars next to the sign in box!!!

LOL

Good to have you here Andy.

Pull up a "sit".

Can we offer yu a stogie?
:sm

Welcome Andy, You have just opened up a can of worms much bigger then all of yur other hobbies so be advised! I love crab apple wine, I have a good supply Of Dolce which are probably what you have if you are thinking of making anything ot of them because I think they are the only ones that are even close to being edible. Below is a link to the recipe I designed and use almost every year except this one as I have quite the abundance in my cellar.
http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3497

Not sure what kind of crab apples they are; we've got two varieties - two trees have little cherry sized fruit - pretty tart; and one tree with a much bigger - closer to plum sized fruit that are a bit sweeter but still pretty tart.

And now I've been reading about skeeter pee... Oi vey :sm

Welcome from another newbie from down in Cincy! :r

Hi Andy,

Welcome to winemakingtalk. You are gonna have a good time here.

With new members in the tri-state area sounds like another luncheon may be brewing. Can we cross the state border with skeeter pee???:):):)

welcome to the site! can't wait to hear about your crab apple adventures as i have a couple of "wild" trees outback. the are the size of plums too. not sure if i'm gonna go for it or not. keep us informed!

Andy the bigger sweeter ones are the Dolce which I was speaking of. Here are some pics of them.

crab in hand.jpg

crab apple.jpg

Latest posts

Back