Aging in carboy

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a FW Chardonnay that has been bulk aging for 3 months. I’m thinking about bottling it or should I age it longer? Should I add K-meta before bottling?

I have a FW Chardonnay that has been bulk aging for 3 months. I’m thinking about bottling it or should I age it longer? Should I add K-meta before bottling?
I normally bottle my whites around the 3 month mark as long as they are clear. I would dose it k-meta too. I add it to all my wines before bottling.

I just racked my FW Chardonnay after 3 months and added 1/4tsp k-meta. I then tasted it and it was a little harsh. Should I have tasted it before adding the k-meta?

I just racked my FW Chardonnay after 3 months and added 1/4tsp k-meta. I then tasted it and it was a little harsh. Should I have tasted it before adding the k-meta?
Probably. There is a potential for temporary harshness due to SO2 in the air.

Mine wasn't all that impressive at the 4 month mark. I bottled at the 6 month mark, and while the aroma was good, the flavor was flat and muted.

6 weeks later? I am extremely pleased with the wine and will make this again. Your wine is young and it needs time.

Latest posts

Back