AFTER RACKING - TASTES LIKE SEWAGE!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pista Varga

Junior
Reaction score
Please help! I racked the wine into a 54L glass demijohn last week and at that point it was delicious, I tasted it today through the spigot and it tastes like sewage!!! Is there anyway to fix this? Please help. This is the wine I want to top up my 200L barrel with. Also, took a sample out of the barrel today - all good.

Is it possible that you left things in the spigot, didn't clean it well enough, and that it what you are tasting? Additional tastes, or get it the heck out of there, as quickly as possible, is my suggestion.

I'm gonna rack into into another demijohn as soon I am done work. We cleaned it thoroughly... Ive never tasted anything so awful.

Is it possible that you left things in the spigot, didn't clean it well enough, and that it what you are tasting? Additional tastes, or get it the heck out of there, as quickly as possible, is my suggestion.

Ok. Thank you everybody. So, went home... let a but drain from the spigot before tasting again and it was ok. This has been the most stressful part of the process. Especially after undertaking the processing of 1000kg by hand.

Latest posts

Back