After Party Leftover Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Huser

Reaction score
My daughter turned 21 back in June. With all the Covid BS her planned trip to Nashville to party with friends and family ended up turning into a stay at house party/BBQ/Corn Hole Tournament/Line Dancing event with about 35 non-social distancing friends getting crazy. In the process of setting up my wife made a 2gallon jug of Country Time Lemonade with frozen mangos and peaches for nondrinkers. Obviously, we’re all booze hounds because literally none of the NON-alcohol drinks were touched. The next morning, well actually early afternoon, in the process of cleaning I found this warm gooey fake lemonade and fruit jug sitting there, unloved.

Come on, sugar and not think fermentation. I put a large brew bag in a wine fermentation bucket and dumped it in. Along the way of sorting through the good vs bad leftovers we had numerous fruit trays left. Everything that could got tossed into the fermenter. About ½ lb. watermelon, ½ lb. cantaloupe, ½ lb. blueberries, ½ lb. grapes, 1 lb. of pineapple, found 3 more large mangos (cut up), 5 over ripe bananas and I had 3 lbs. of cherries frozen that I was going to use in a mead, but they were a bit freezer burned, so in they went.

Everything got roughly squeezed and added in along with Pectic Enzyme two camden tabs then added water to get it to 6 gallons. Let sit for 24 hrs. and the gravity was 1.050, so add sugar to 1.090 then basically treated it like a Dragons Blood pitched with Lavlin RC212. Just racked for the second clearing stage and sweetened. It is ridiculously good.

Air space? Its under vacuum. I also don't worry about it too much even before I had the -allinonepump.

Covid, wasn't an issue. Makes you wonder.

Back