Advice (Italian Table Wine)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the same. I bet there are laws even in Canada regarding just this. I am taking myself out of this. Any info I give would get me and you in trouble with the law. If you continue to make wine for this purpose I'm sure you will be breaking laws and I bet you need some license as well.

Allie I don't think we should help commercial endeavors. Any advise would be wrong as we are not lawyers and know what laws there are of what you may be breaking.

In my opinion..

I would have thought a commercial enterprise would not be making these sorts of enquiries regarding equipment/tanks and juices etc.. 6 months prior to opening their doors to customers. Something sounds a bit odd here.

Robert you need project management help from professionals., and a good accountant.

Giving the impression you are arranging catering to a family wedding, it seems this is not the case and I certainly don't have the expertise you are looking for.

Allie

Last edited:
Robert64:

Earlier you said that "Whole grapes and fresh juices are readily available from Niagara, California and Europe".

Just want to point out that I don't think that they are available year-round. If going this route you might have to start all the wine for a whole year in the fall. Plus wineries making wine from grapes usually start selling their whites starting in April/May, and their reds two or three YEARS later.

Tom, Allie:

Not sure why you thought this was a one-off. I understood his request. See his response to me in post #6 "The hall is licensed to serve the wine that we make on the premises". I interpret this to mean that the banquet hall can make their own wine on-site. This would be the relevant phrase from Ontario's Liquor Act...

Wine Pub Endorsement
A wine pub endorsement permits the sale and service of wine manufactured by the licensee on the licensed premises for sale and consumption to patrons on the licensed premises.

Steve

Robert64:

Been doing a little more thinking (always dangerous). I think that you need (and perhaps were trying to ask for in the beginning) suggestions for standard red & white house wines for this Italian banquet hall. You probably don't want to name the wines varietally because that would probably mean having multiple red & white varieties available. You want "Banquet Hall Rosso" and "Banquet Hall Bianco".

You probably should research typical Italian wines. EG Red = chianti or valpolicella. White = trebbiano or pinot grigio. Then you need to find a supplier who can provide a steady supply of the required juices/concentrates.

Sorry I don't know what is available in the Ottawa region. The kit companies may be able to help.

Steve

Steve,

I read the sentence as
"The hall is licensed to serve the wine that we make, on the premises"

We have a BYO ( bring your own) capability in NZ where you can provide the wine to be served as long as the premises is licensed for a BYO function.

..coupled with Roberts comment to Tom that.."Ok Tom, if you were getting married and had 300 people at you wedding reception, what red and white wines would you put on the tables?

It looked like he was discussing a private function.

Regardless, I have no experience to share on 800 litres of commercial production monthly.. so have deferred the discussion now.. to people with that experience.

as I stated earlier.. english can be a vague language.

... and easily misinterpreted online.

Allie

Last edited:
I dont see making this much in a onth viable nor woud I want anyne to drink wine that is 1 motn or even 3 months old. The bigger the batch the longer it takes to ferment. IMO you would need to be way ahead of this curve and be serving commercial wije for quite some time 1st!

Back