Adventures in Winemaking

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahRides

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I know it has still been ages since I have posted, but it has been a busy year. I just spent the entire weekend cleaning just about every single piece of winemaking equipment I own, and racking about 100 gallons of wine this weekend. These wines have been pretty neglected lately and in much need of some TLC! My back is sore, but I feel much better knowing it is done!

This wine (and myself) have been through a lot lately. June 1st I moved as my husband & I decided to separate and are now going through the process of divorce. It was the right decision which I believe that both of us will be happier with. This move in June (which happened to end up topping out at 102*) involved not only moving all my personal stuff, but about 20 carboys, my wine making stuff and even the 30 or so cinder blocks which I use to support my wine table! With the help of Mikael (it's been a few years since he's been on, but he's a good friend I met here and in the chat room), his best friend, and a few random people I hired off of the internet, we got it all done!

So now that all of this is done (it all really needed to be scrubbed), I feel so much better! I feel like I have my wine room under control again. While it wasn't ideal conditions for the wine, I'm sure it wouldn't be award winning, but it faired pretty well! I didn't make any in 2013, but am hoping to start up again next year with the grapes and fruit. I really feel like I've moved in and made it home now!

Sarah glad to see you back posting and glad to hear winemaking is not longer taking a backseat. Divorce isn't easy, been there, done that. So good luck.

Sara,

I'm sooo glad your back! We all missed you.

Hey Sarah post a picture, I think you did a great job for what you have to work with. Divorce is tough but looking back now, at least you can blame the pedestal farm table on him and no one will argue the point! I believe you, he insisted on it under threat. LOL Anyways glad to see you back on here also. Now we need to get Amy to pop in and start up the chat room again. djrockinsteave was on earlier today, he's still tending to Buefords grave site. We need to start the chat room up again.

Welcome back Sarah. Glad you weathered the storm and are back online. Hope you have lots of smooth sailing and winemaking ahead of you.

So here are the pics that I also posted to Facebook. Also included is a picture of my new roommate too! It was getting a little too lonely. :)

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0631.jpg

Great looking bird but I was expecting to see Mikael! You did a great job at getting it all back together again.

Here you go! He is down 124 pounds..........so proud of him! (Were you meaning Mikael being my roommate? Nope, just me and Pinot!)

IMG_0590.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

Last edited:
This year has been one heck of a year! Lots of changes for both of us! Me and my best friend did our wine last month. We made about 73 gallons and is looking good!!! I am going to be making a new compilation video of this tears wine and going to be posting it within a couple if weeks!

Last edited:
Wishing the best for ya Sara, award winning or not if you like it and are happy then that's all that counts! And yes the room looks great!

welcome back to you both.
Looks like you're a big fan of red wines Sara!

Latest posts

Back