Ads making this site unusable

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pproctorga

Junior
Reaction score
I typically use this web site on my iPad with Safari, many times by clicking a topic from the daily email. The site has gotten almost unusable recently due to the ads covering everything up. I had to switch to my Mac with Safari where the ads are now in a less invasive space. Is anyone else noticing this change?

I typically use this web site on my iPad with Safari, many times by clicking a topic from the daily email. The site has gotten almost unusable recently due to the ads covering everything up. I had to switch to my Mac with Safari where the ads are now in a less invasive space. Is anyone else noticing this change?
Yep. Yesterday was particularly bad. I could only read one posting. Logging in makes a difference.

I only access this site from my home PC, and do not see any ads, but then, again, I have an ad blocker on my PC...................................................Dizzy

I don't usually notice ads... I was seeing a lot today (Microsoft Surface, Firefox) but once I logged in it got way better. Just changed preferences, though that didn't seem to do much, but only one ad on the sidebar now.

Thanks for the account tip. It’s better now. FYI this what I was getting before So you can see why I brought this up. IMG_0442.jpeg

Amazingly, you can disable ads on this site. If you click on your name in the upper right-hand side, you get a menu. Click "Your account," then click "Preferences." There will be a box you can tick to "disable ads."

Thanks, Paul. It works fine. Also, I had to "save" and exit the site and sign back in for the changes to take effect.

Latest posts

Back