admitedly this is wine stuff, but it doesn't fit anywhere else

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get it. The ad says it "is for glass bottles only."

Are you buying the wine or the empty bottles.

I don't know for a fact, but it sounds like an end-run around a law against an individual selling wine, or perhaps selling that much wine. That's my speculation, at least!

That's how I took it as well. An unlicensed individual is not allowed to sell alcoholic beverages here. Offering to sell the bottles (that just happen to still be full) is clearly a thinly veiled attempt to skirt that law. He'll probably go unnoticed.

Sent from my Q10 using Wine Making mobile app

It could also be an estate sale...

There are some real winners listed, the Yquem tops the list..

I do have a general question, I know that it is illegal to sell without the proper licenses, but is it illegal to purchase wine from someone not properly licensed??

In other words, although the seller might get into trouble, would the buyer be in trouble as well?

haha, I have no idea! I'm certainly not a lawyer (I don't even play one on TV), but I'd bet that it's up to the vendor to ensure the legality of the transaction. In my province we're allowed to purchase alcohol when we turn 18 years old but it is up to the vendor to ensure that the players and the transaction meet the legal requirements... technically, licensed establishments are required to post their license in a visible area within their market but I've never once been advised to look for it before buying an alcoholic beverage. Completely unrelated, I remember buying a liter of methanol when I was 12 years old but I had to wait until I was 18 to buy a liter of ethanol. That just seems so wrong.

BTW, what is the Yquem worth?

I just sent a request about the 1999 Ch. D Yquem (375). He said the average price is around $300 but he'd be willing to sell for $160. (CDN)

Latest posts

Back