Additives?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TikiWine

Reaction score
Has any one tried adding nutrients and enzymes to a juice kit? My first experience with these have not been great. I ordered a sampler kit of additives containing: go-ferm, fermaid , lallzyme ex, Opti red and ft rouge. I am just unsure how it would effect the packets that come with the kit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190210-204428~2.png
    Screenshot_20190210-204428~2.png
    156.8 KB · Views: 17
go-ferm and fermaid should help in hydrating the yeast and providing yeast nutrient to the fermentation. the others you have listed aid in making wine from grapes. these additive can improve the wine .

Has any one tried adding nutrients and enzymes to a juice kit? My first experience with these have not been great. I ordered a sampler kit of additives containing: go-ferm, fermaid , lallzyme ex, Opti red and ft rouge. I am just unsure how it would effect the packets that come with the kit.

I’ve used this pack before. For $5 ya can’t beat it. Specifically made for frozen must pails, but I used on fresh juice buckets— trying to improve em as much as as possible, mainly the opti red and rouge tannin. And if I had no grape skins then I just disregarded the lallyzyme ex.
They shouldn’t effect any other additions from the wine kit. Even if the kit already has nutrients added to the juice, I don’t think it’s enough ferm K to cause an issue.

Latest posts

Back