Quantcast

Additives?

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

TikiWine

Reaction score
Has any one tried adding nutrients and enzymes to a juice kit? My first experience with these have not been great. I ordered a sampler kit of additives containing: go-ferm, fermaid , lallzyme ex, Opti red and ft rouge. I am just unsure how it would effect the packets that come with the kit.

Attachments

NorCal

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’ve found that with wine making, less is more. Unless there is a problem you are trying to resolve, let the fruit make the wine.

salcoco

Veteran Wine Maker
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
go-ferm and fermaid should help in hydrating the yeast and providing yeast nutrient to the fermentation. the others you have listed aid in making wine from grapes. these additive can improve the wine .

Ajmassa

just a guy
Reaction score
Has any one tried adding nutrients and enzymes to a juice kit? My first experience with these have not been great. I ordered a sampler kit of additives containing: go-ferm, fermaid , lallzyme ex, Opti red and ft rouge. I am just unsure how it would effect the packets that come with the kit.
I’ve used this pack before. For $5 ya can’t beat it. Specifically made for frozen must pails, but I used on fresh juice buckets— trying to improve em as much as as possible, mainly the opti red and rouge tannin. And if I had no grape skins then I just disregarded the lallyzyme ex.
They shouldn’t effect any other additions from the wine kit. Even if the kit already has nutrients added to the juice, I don’t think it’s enough ferm K to cause an issue.