Additive for juice buckets

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I saw that some people use an additive pack from Morewine (Additive Pack for Brehm Frozen Fruit (Reds). I ordered some for this years batch of wine I plan to make with juice buckets. The pack came with 5 envelops. Do I use all of them? if so at what stages? Thanks for your help.

I saw that some people use an additive pack from Morewine (Additive Pack for Brehm Frozen Fruit (Reds). I ordered some for this years batch of wine I plan to make with juice buckets. The pack came with 5 envelops. Do I use all of them? if so at what stages? Thanks for your help.

According to MoreWine, the additive pack contains:

(1) Packet Go-Ferm to add a yeast nutrient during yeast rehydration - use when you rehydrate your yeast.
(1) Packet Fermaid K to add as a nutrient during fermentation - add 1/2 after cap forms, 1/2 after sugar is 1/3 - 1/2 depleted.
(1) Packet Lallzyme EX for improved color intensity and stability, greater mouthfeel, and enhanced fruity, floral, spicy flavors - add when your must is thawed, as it warms, to help with extraction before yeast pitch.
(1) Packet Opti-Red which improves body, color stability, and mouthfeel - add just before pitching yeast.
(1) Packet FT Rouge enological tannin to increase structure and mouthfeel, color stabilization, stability, anti-oxidative qualities, and overall complexity - add just before pitching yeast.

Back