Additive Complete Guide

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just came across a pdf from Scott’s Labs that is definitely worth saving. Files too large so only able to post the link.
It explains just about everything you’d be putting in your wine in great detail.
It’s 70 pages long! Here’s a screenshot of the index and another showing proper storage environment for all the different types of products. IMG_9289.JPGIMG_9288.JPG
http://www.gencowinemakers.com/docs/ScottlabsHandbook2017.pdf

A great reading - thanks.

The excerpt above got me worried a bit. Last year I purchased 500gm of Enoferm Syrah (this is a smallest pack available) at around AU$80.
I used only about 60gm of it last year.

A sales person from a local brewing shop told me that a lot of people successfully keep the yeast in the fridge for the next season, so I decided try.
Why waste 440gm of yeast?

Last week, I tested it with some reminder of GoFerm and the mix was dormant until I added some sugar after when the foam started forming.
I presumed this to be a sign the yeast is still alive. The test is slightly faulty - as I used demineralised water.

So now I'm confused - a balance of risk vs cost effectiveness...

Hi, just received in the mail my order of D80 and D254 yeast. I know it's early to use it. Do I need to refrigerate it until September or can it stay in storage at room temperature?

I'm not big on additives, but this guide contains heaps of cool information about fermentation. Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back