Additional Sugar

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmck1

Junior
Reaction score
I got a 5 gallon wine kit for christmas and it calls for the addition of 3.5kg white sugar to the concentrate. I've only done a 1 gallon kit previously and that called for no additional sugar. Do you think I should go ahead with the method outlined in the instructions or is there an alternative?

Perhaps it would help if you told us the name of the kit. However, I really don't know anything about kits that would be available in Ireland. In general, I recommend following the instructions.

Steve

I'll bring in the the instructions tommorrow and give the full details. Thanks

I don't have any experience in kit making but from what I have read it is best to follow the instructions and not deviate from them.

Its a Carafe 21 Medium dry white. Anybody have any experience with this brand?

Sorry I haven't heard of Carafe 21 kits before. Here's the headline that I found at one web site.

Carafe 21 is a 3 week wine kit, with only sugar and water to add.

These kits are 3 week express wines and will produce 22.5 litre (5 gallon) of wine.
So I guess adding sugar is the thing to do. For the Americans in the crowd, that's 5 Imperial gallons or 6 US gallons.

Steve

Latest posts

Back