Adding the F Pack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Green Mountains

Reaction score
Just added the F Pack to a RJS Orchard Breezin' Acai Raspberry Cab. Sauv kit. First kit I've ever made with a flavor pack.

Having never done this before I was expecting a more 'fluid' consistency and surprised that it was just a grainy flavored sugar bomb.

With no direction about HOW to add it I simply squeezed it in and mixed it well. I think in the future though I might extract some of the wine into a pan and make a syrup out of the f pack before adding it back to the carboy.

Anybody have advise on what they do?

Yep its normal. The f-pac is a viscus flavored sugar bomb. It adds flavor and back sweetening at the same time.

Once you empty the bag pour a little water or some of your wine that you pulled out before hand into the bag to rinse the bag out of all the good stuff . The same as when you start the kit and rinse the big bag of juice out . Myself I use a funnel to pour into but I'm not the most coordinated person add times so I don't worry about losing any juice from F pack .

Most of the time I add half the f pack up front to capture the flavor and let the sugar ferment. This way you're increasing your alcohol content but cutting down on the sweetness. This will also void your warranty. :h

I might try doing that Dan after I have done some of the kits once to see what they taste like the way they say to make them .

I void most warranty's from the moment I leave the showroom. That way I never have to worry about saving the receipt.

Just bottled 29 bottles and put the remainder in a carafe. From the carafe it is going into my belly.

Very sweet, much sweeter than we normally like so lesson learned about using the whole F-pack. Next time with a kit like this we'll take the earlier suggestion of half into the primary to raise the alcohol content, the remainder to back sweeten.

It'll be a good sangria wine. It cleared very well and is def. full bodied and feels great in the mouth.

Latest posts

Back