Adding sugar and raisins

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJBanks

Reaction score
Just picked up a RJ Spagnols Grand Cru Pinot Noir. The shop owner suggested I add 2 cups of sugar in order to up the level past 12%.

Also heard by some people that this kit lacks body. Would this be one to add some raisins to for body? If so what about the suggested 2 cups of sugar?

Any other suggestions regarding this kit is appreciated.

Yep he did. Guess he wanted a different answer. :d

RJ your 1st post was in the right forum. I would not add sugar UNLESS you have made this kit before. Why do you want to "tinker" with it if YOU have not made the kit yet? Everyones "Taste" is different so follow the directions if this is your 1st Pinot from that Co. Once you make it then you might want to "tinker" to your "taste"
Do you have refined taste buds?

I agree with Tom. We see quite often in here, not just with kits, but with tried and true recipes also, where the user wants to start tweaking it without even trying the recipe first. A couple weeks down the road they are back in here asking what went wrong.

Follow the directions to a Tee the first time. If you really think it has a justifiable reason to be changed without trying than ask first.

I think the response is going to be the same.

You already have the recipe. Follow it. If you want to make it up on your own, there are those who will help.

Do it the way you were told the first time. We will help you experiment tommorrow.

Troy

Back