Adding in liquor - storage?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PandemoniumWines

Save the Winos
Reaction score
My pumpkin pie wine is, sadly, not up to snuff. I'd still like to try to save it for serving at Thanksgiving. As it is, it is too thin and sad. I was hoping for something a little heavier (dessert wine-ish) and instead it tastes weak. If I ever make it again, I am definitely doubling all the fruits.

I was thinking of adding in either bailey's or whipped cream vodka. I'm going to sample some out of the carboy and experiment with what makes this disaster taste good... I know people fortify wines with things like vodka all the time, but what about bailey's? Does this store well if we don't drink it all this year (assuming it's salvageable after taste tests)?

Or does anyone have another suggestion on how I could improve it? I'm all ears! Everyone knew I was making it for turkey day, so I can't cop out now.. I had hoped it would get better in time (it did, just not enough). I was even thinking of finding a pumpkin pie wine somewhere and rebottling it as my own :h

I've got apple fermenting now for next year's thanksgiving :i not sure I'll be trying pumpkin again!

From "bleah" to "meh."

Added 2 cups apple juice, 1.5 tsp vanilla, 3/4 cup stoli, 5 oz sugar, and a big glop of torani pumpkin pie syrup. It's okay. Tastes like pumpkin wine with apple. Maybe I will encourage other wines first so people are tipsy when they get to the pumpkin pie wine lol

If I ever make this again (doubtful, but maybe) I'd double the pumpkin and apple juices I made it with. I was kind of following the ingredients of the harry potter world pumpkin juice.

Latest posts

Back