Adding Hershey's Chocolate Syrup

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does that chocolate flavor taste.
The chocolate and peanut butter extracts produced a very tasty porter. I'd do it again.

I've used extracts ion peanut butter porter too. I'd use extract on a finished wine too; though the syrup method like Salcoco suggested is an idea. I may try that with a gallon of body-less merlot.
After I posted I started wondering as well ... there's always more experiments I want to try. I currently have too many balls in the air, so I'll not do it at this time. If you try it, please post your recipe and results.

The chocolate and peanut butter extracts produced a very tasty porter. I'd do it again.

After I posted I started wondering as well ... there's always more experiments I want to try. I currently have too many balls in the air, so I'll not do it at this time. If you try it, please post your recipe and results.
I will post results. I think I need Hershey’s syrup.

here is a version I modified from one established by Jack Keller. use of Dutch chocolate powder I got from Penzey's is the trick plus letting chocolate rise to top of gallon once fermentation is complete.
Thanks for sharing your receipe, It will be one of the next I make after the pumpkin wine I am about to start............................DizzyIzzy

Chocolate and wine mixed? Sacré bleu!
heavy reds and dark chocolate are a great match! Also, I've made a few of the port-style kits -- chocolate orange and chocolate cherry -- I can't say that they are "port wine", but I've yet to have anyone complain! :)

I make after the pumpkin wine I am about to start
What recipe are you using? I'm thinking about starting a gallon batch after Christmas, for next year's Thanksgiving dinner. (I have no clue [yet] if the wine will be drinkable at that time, it may be ready for the following year.)

So I made a dark chocolate syrup and added it to three gallons of thin/bodyless Merlot. The bench trial was a hit, so we'll see how this develops. I added two cups of syrup after I added sorbate. I plan to stir each day for a few days and see how long it takes to clear. I don't think I'll have any complaints from friends and family either.

Homemade Hershey's Chocolate Syrup Recipe - Food.com Easy as can be. 1/2 cup of dark cocoa, 1 cup milk; stirred together and heated a little until dissolved. Then 2 cups of sugar, bring to a boil and boil 3 minutes. I didn't add the salt or vanilla. Do watch during the boil. It will boil over in a second. It made about 2 cps of syrup.
We are getting all groceries at curbside pickup so I wasn't ready for another grocery pickup.

[QUOTE="winemaker81, post: 778709,lll

[/QUOTE]
So I added my homemade chocolate syrup and stirred for a couple days; then kept forgetting to stir. I let it sit on the chocolate about two weeks then added kieselsol and chitosan to clear. I racked and bottled 5 days later. It tasted good but not overly sweet and maybe not enough chocolate. Anyway it did improve a thin juice bucket Merlot. I will try again with a better wine and try leaving it on the chocolate longer.
Thanks so much salcoco for the inspiration!

I tried a sample of the Torani Purmade Dark Chocolate Sauce in a pint jar. Tasted good But there was a oily looking skim on the surface. I’m not sure if it came from the heavy raspberry wine or the Torani Purmade Dark Chocolate Sauce.

Just to update this thread, I ended up using Torani Chocolate Milano Syrup, since I needed to back sweeten the wine anyway. I am really pleased how it turned out. You can really smell and taste the chocolate. I think it infused it with just the right amount. Since my ABV was a little low and adding the additional volume of Back sweetener, I ended up fortifying it with Everclear 151. So it is right at 14%ABV.

IMG_2514.jpg

IMG_2522.jpg

Latest posts

Back