Adding flavor to wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrWino

Reaction score
My 12 gallons of Niagara wine have very little flavor. Probably because I had to use a lot of acid reducing crystals to get the acidity into range. What can I add to it to increase the flavor? I was thinking of frozen juice concentrate. Will it work? Will it cause it to ferment again?

Add potassium sorbate to prevent fermentation and do bench trials to determine what tastes good to you and how much to add. Juice concentrate would be the first thing I would try.

I bought some Welch's white grape juice which is Niagara juice. A small amount of it added to my wine got the flavor I was looking for. I made Niagara wine several times before and always had to reduce the acid before bottling but never as much as this time. Reducing the acid also reduced the flavor drastically. I already bottled 6 gallons so when I open one of those bottles I will just add some juice. I am going to add it to the other 6 gallons, along with stabilizer, before bottling.

Thanks for the good, quick help. Now get off your computers and go drink some wine!

Back