Added too much of sugar

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I concur with @G259, EC-1118 is THE go-to yeast for a lot of things. It's high potency, it's dominant (will smother most other yeasts, especially wild yeasts), and produces good flavors in anything you ferment with it. Is it the best yeast for every batch? Nope, but if I had to pick *1* yeast to use, it's what I would pick.

@Bharat Amarnan, If you can, ferment the wine in an area where the temperature is in the 65 to 80 F / 18 to 27 C range. You'll get better flavors and smells. However, EC-1118 will ferment at higher temperatures so it will work.

I suggest you update your profile to add your state & country to the Location field. I go as far as adding the nearest large city, but it's not necessary. Sometimes geography plays a role in the help you get, especially for growing fruit, so having your rough location visible answers that question up front.

While most of our membership appears to reside in the USA and Canada, we have members from all over the world. In addition to wine making, I learn geography, climate, education availability, and more. :)

I am from INDIA and the city where i live is Mumbai - Will shortly figure out how to update my profile

The Climate of Mumbai is a tropical, wet and dry climate. Mumbai's climate can be best described as moderately hot with high level of humidity. Its coastal nature and tropical location ensure temperatures do not fluctuate much throughout the year.

SULA VINEYARDS in NASHIK are the most popular in India which are 180 kilometres from Mumbai

I looked up Sula Vineyards, it looks like interesting wine. I see they grow Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Zinfandel -- makes me wonder what effect the different climate has on the grapes. It's probably not available in the USA, but I'm going to look for it.

I also saw that near the winery is a restaurant called Little Italy, which has locations in 4 countries. They don't have a menu online, but the description indicates it's a vegetarian take on Italian food. That has got to be interesting. If I traveled to India I'd want to eat the local foods, but I'd have to try Little Italy.

I looked up Sula Vineyards, it looks like interesting wine. I see they grow Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Zinfandel -- makes me wonder what effect the different climate has on the grapes. It's probably not available in the USA, but I'm going to look for it.

I also saw that near the winery is a restaurant called Little Italy, which has locations in 4 countries. They don't have a menu online, but the description indicates it's a vegetarian take on Italian food. That has got to be interesting. If I traveled to India I'd want to eat the local foods, but I'd have to try Little Italy.
please be my guest whenever to want to travel to india.

Latest posts

Back