Mosti Mondiale Active fermentation

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillShill

Reaction score
Hi I’m making a Cabernet Franc , MM kit in a Fastferment, it’s going crazy ,overflowing, have added airlock and it’s filled it , was thinking about removing half a gallon into jug to reduce quantity, it’ll be reintroduced after it calms a bit,.
Any thoughts or suggestions,
Thanks in advance

Hi I’m making a Cabernet Franc , MM kit in a Fastferment, it’s going crazy ,overflowing, have added airlock and it’s filled it , was thinking about removing half a gallon into jug to reduce quantity, it’ll be reintroduced after it calms a bit,.
Any thoughts or suggestions,
Thanks in advance

I have never used a Fastferment in particular; however, your idea to remove some now and ferment it separately until things settle down is a fine one.

I've used FF many times. They have 7.9 gallons and the kit is only 6 gallons. So, a couple of questions: 1). Is your volume more than 6 gallons? 2). What yeast did you use - I seem to remember EC1118 is what comes with MM kits, which is low foaming.

It’s the EC1118 I’ve used and a grape pack in muslin pouch as well as oak chips in same pouch, I weighed grape pack with small cup which wasn’t adequate so I’ve added another cup which seems to be working now, the oak chips supposedly saturate and sink, they’ve had a small cup now as well, here’s hoping that has resolved it,

Been reading your threads on additions grape and oak , did the same with last kit using drawstring on pouches which let oak and grapes out, this time used parcel string and secure seal, lesson learned, still can’t believe how pouches inflate with co2 .
Seems under control now, hopefully the same in the morning.

Latest posts

Back