Acid test kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D&S

Junior
Reaction score
I just purchaced a vintners acid testing kit, i thought it would tell me what my acid level % is. Is this a good product, I'm doing concord grapes and the said add distilled water to get to a rose'. Isn't that going to effect the volume in test. Just confused with instructions.

I just purchaced a vintners acid testing kit, i thought it would tell me what my acid level % is. Is this a good product, I'm doing concord grapes and the said add distilled water to get to a rose'. Isn't that going to effect the volume in test. Just confused with instructions.

I don't think it has any affect on the test. Lightening the color helps reading the results easier.

It will not affect the test. Regardless of how much distilled H2O you add to the must, the total amount of acid is still there and it takes the same amount of NaOH to neutralize it.

Ok, thanks for the feedback, my concord must before yeast is at .3, which seems low, but I had 7 cc left of sodium hydroxide when it turned almost black or dark blue. I added 1 tsp per 3.5 gal, I'll test again after fermentation, don't want to go to high now.

Latest posts

Back