acid level in wines made from fruit and grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jusatele

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use sourced grape juice as a base for my fruit wines. Normally 2 gallons of grape juice to 10 to 12 pounds of fruit. When making a grape wine PH and TA are important. would adjusting these when doing the blend have any advantage to the end product?

Yes, go ahead and get your concoction mixed up, let it sit with some good enzymes for 24 hours or so (if you can) to let some of the juices in the grapes and fruits be released and blended well. Check your pH and TA and make the adjustments you deem needed, pitch your yeast, and off to the races!!

I do many blends with local northern/ high acid grape juice and fruit. My look is that it is a natural way to add acid to low acid fruit, example mixing elderberries with concord juice ,,,, or someone in the club contest last month someone did a high aromatics/ nice color 75% strawberry (1%TA)/ 25% merlot (possibly a low acid bucket) wine.

I run pH on everything and construct blends using Pearson’s square to estimate TA on the finished wine.

I do many blends with local northern/ high acid grape juice and fruit. My look is that it is a natural way to add acid to low acid fruit, example mixing elderberries with concord juice ,,,, or someone in the club contest last month someone did a high aromatics/ nice color 75% strawberry (1%TA)/ 25% merlot (possibly a low acid bucket) wine.

I run pH on everything and construct blends using Pearson’s square to estimate TA on the finished wine.
OK then, Pearson's square, do elaborate please

Latest posts

Back