ABV in your Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wineomaker

Reaction score
I am just curious what others wine makers are making there wine ABV at, since I'm a newbie I thought I would ask, I'm sure it depends on type of wine your making,and also how high can you go with ABV. Thanks

I am just curious what others wine makers are making there wine ABV at, since I'm a newbie I thought I would ask, I'm sure it depends on type of wine your making,and also how high can you go with ABV. Thanks

I bet everybody makes "rocket fuel" a few times before realizing that the best results do come from more moderate levels (as others have already noted). Of course, there's a place for higher ABV, such as port-style wines.

I try to be flexible and let the grapes decide, but I consider 12-ish to be ideal.

I try to be flexible and let the grapes decide, but I consider 12-ish to be ideal.

Me too. I prefer soft, dry wines. I just let the grapes cook until the yeast is "no more". In other words, It really depends on the grapes. From 22 to 26 % sugar usually yields me from 11 to 12.5 apv.

Me too. I prefer soft, dry wines. I just let the grapes cook until the yeast is "no more". In other words, It really depends on the grapes. From 22 to 26 % sugar usually yields me from 11 to 12.5 apv.

John -

What abv do your Welch's juice batches usually run? ::

ROTFLMAO.......

There is about a million comments that I could make here. I have re-typed my response about a hundred times. I really do not want to insult anyone who is a fan of fermented Welches!

Latest posts

Back