About to get Sideways

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZMDTed

Just a guy
Reaction score
My wife and I are heading to Solvang, Buellton, Los Olivos, CA this week for a couple days. Any recommendations for winery visits, restaurants, etc in the land of the Sideways movie?

Went out that way back in Oct 05' when our daughter was going to UCSB and had a fantastic time. IIRC Fess Parker was nice, Rideau, Koehler lots of options. We actually stayed in SLO at a little B&B and took one of the (several) tours at the Hearst Castle. If you have the time, that would be a must see IMHO.

Thanks Mike. My aunt and uncle used to run a trading post in San Simeon but I never made it up to the castle. We will see if we have time. I want to see Fess Parkers if for no other reason than I grew up watching Daniel Boone.

Me too, LOL Beautiful winery and some very good wines as well.

Thanks Mike. My aunt and uncle used to run a trading post in San Simeon but I never made it up to the castle. We will see if we have time. I want to see Fess Parkers if for no other reason than I grew up watching Daniel Boone.

Latest posts

Back