A winemaking story

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaWa

Reaction score
Lets write a story, add your bit on and the only rule is that each entry has to contain the word 'wine'....
I'll Start:

Once apon a time there was an ol timer called Jimbo and his ginger tom cat called SnoopDog. One day they were on their porch enjoying a glass of skeeter pee (snoopdog had his in a bowl) and discussing the finer points of wine making when suddenly.......

Lets write a story, add your bit on and the only rule is that each entry has to contain the word 'wine'....
I'll Start:

Once apon a time there was an ol timer called Jimbo and his ginger tom cat called SnoopDog. One day they were on their porch enjoying a glass of skeeter pee (snoopdog had his in a bowl) and discussing the finer points of wine making when suddenly.......

Jimbo noticed his neighbor who had a huge wine cellar was being robbed. SnoopDog jumped up as Jimbo screamed and......

... this drunk Yankee showed up at the door.He said he was from a place called Alaska, he had two bottles of wine and a back pack that looked quite heavy. So we let im stay.

He drank those so fast we assumed he had more in that heavy pack of his. That was all he had. He expalined how they were seized by bandits on the road. He was quite convincing. So we let him stay. When he ran out of his two bottles, we shared ours with him. We just couldn't listen to him whine anymore. As it turned out he was qute jovial and polite. he kept us laughing for hours. We didnt know what to think of this bloke from "UP OVER".

It turns out he was a member of a wine making site called WINEMAKINGTALK.COM.

We investigated this site and now all of us are making our own. I still can't believe, when we found him in the morning he was out in the corral feeding the horses. After a closer look we realized he had two bushels of apples he was enticesing the horses with. He said, "Half for the horses, half for the wine I drank". What a great gesture. Except we didnt have an apple tree for miles. To his day we wonder where that drunk Yank got em from!!!!...........

Last edited:
Until Jimbo turned around to see Snoopdog trying to jump up the trunk of his neighbours apple tree, was Snoopdog trying to show him something.?
'Never mind the gestures Snoop, just tell me fer god sake, what is it boy?'
Snoop stopped the incessant jumping and said (yep he can talk)
' Look Jimbo, all our appleth have been thtolen ( he also has a lisp due to a still blowing in 1992 up close to his face and he lost all his front teeth), It mutht have bin that Yankee, THIT! what are we gonna make our next batch of wine out of now???.....'

Jimbo fainted, and woke several hours later in.......

...a giant pool filled with wine. He was surrounded by people he'd never seen before. They were speaking a language he couldn't understand. A woman noticed the perplexed look on his face. She took his hand, offered him a glass of wine, and led him to a........
415340x.jpg

(call me simple, but I like picture books):h

...pond that looked exactly like Wades back yard. There sure was lots of wine....

And there was Wade swimmin in his latest batch of wine with an airlock for a snorkel.
'Hey wade' called Jimbo ' is this a party fer one or can anyone jump in?'

Wade replied "Everyone is welcome at this place, from anyplace in the world, or from out of it".
Just then a flying saucer hovered overhead, and a little green man stuck his head out the window and asked if Wade and Jimbo had ever heard of a wine called Skeeter Pee, High Octane.

Last edited:
...a giant pool filled with wine. He was surrounded by people he'd never seen before. They were speaking a language he couldn't understand. A woman noticed the perplexed look on his face. She took his hand, offered him a glass of wine, and led him to a........
415340x.jpg

(call me simple, but I like picture books):h
Looks like my upcoming wine club meeting "Wine Pool Party"
Love the Picture

Wade replied "Everyone is welcome at this place, from anyplace in the world, or from out of it".
Just then a flying saucer hovered overhead, and a little green man stuck his head out the window and asked if Wade and Jimbo had ever heard of a wine called Skeeter Pee, High Octane.

'Oh Hi Troy, when did you fly in?' called Wade, chuckling at Troy's attempt to disguise himself as an alien just so he could get his chops around another gallon of Wade's Skeeter Pee.
Meanwhile back at the pond, Jimbo and SnoopDog were gazing at the flying saucer with jaws open, a wine in each hand (and paw)
'What's that Snoop?' Jimbo asked

'It's life Jimbo, but not as we know it....'

Back