A very special thread all about RunningWolfs cellar!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, i dont use that either. I use the photo bucket or the manage attachments at the bottom but that doesnt post a pic but only a clickable link.

Man... I really wanted to see that wine cellar but the pictures are not loading on my screen. Do you have other copies? I need to build something better than the empty cardboard boxes that wine came in. I lay them on their side, but can only go about 10 high with the cardboard boxes... lol. Actually, I only have a box or two with the dividers. I really would like to see your wine cellar, but it is probably better if I don't... I'll just get real jealous.
HB

If you post pics from photo bucket you cant go deleting them or you lose them from where ever you posted them!

HB. I'll try again here.

DSCN1427.jpg

Library.jpg

DSCN1430.jpg

Rackwannabe.jpg

Wow! Now that is nice, Wolf. I've gotta tell you... the bottles on that shelf make me a little uneasy. I thought about using my full-length shelf in my front room, but when an unlit kerosene lamp slid off of the shelf, I rethought that idea. Yes, we have electricity in West Virginia... most of the time.
HB

Well maybe if youd stop lighting dynamite sticks outhere the stuff wouldnt be rattling off your shelves!!!!!!!:r

I was just doin' a little fishin'... guess I'll have to cut it down to half a stick next time.
HB

HB I was trying to pick you out from the crowd but was having a little trouble. Are you sure the Mcoys didn't have anything to do with the lamp slipping off :gb

HatfieldClan.jpg

Hatfields and McCoys

HB I was trying to pick you out from the crowd but was having a little trouble. Are you sure the Mcoys didn't have anything to do with the lamp slipping off :gb

HatfieldClan.jpg

Wolf... funny you should ask. My wife is related to some of the McCoys, who are decendants of the Kentucky clan. Sid Hatfield and his crew are from up the road about 40 miles in Logan County, WV. You have to walk softly around here and carry a big stick. My wife and I both have that end covered. Also, Wolf, be very careful what you joke about around here.
Hah! I wrote this before the pic downloaded (I still have dialup.). I do believe that is the McCoy clan... Devil Anse and his crew. I'd fit right in the picture, don't you think?
HB

Last edited:
Well I finally got my wife over to my friends house for a little wine tasting party. When she saw his wall racks she was sold (thank God for friends with toys)and today I ordered three of them. I would like to get four more eventually. I posted some pictures below of my buddies cellar. It is 8x10 and climate controlled.
:hug

rack03.jpg

rack02.jpg

rack01.jpg

Wish my cellar was that neat. I stopped counting full cases @ 100 and still have 5 racks full of loose bottles.:ib :h

YAHOOOO!!!! My wall racks came today and it didn't take long to get them up. I had enough spaces for all but three of my bottles. I am trying to display one bottle of each wine I have made and I just bottled my 30th batch and I just noticed this is my 200th post. I am probably going to order three more racks so I can keep my library going. Each one of those racks will hold 27 bottles (3 deep}.

NewRacks.jpg

I find it amazing that you still saved ONE bottle of each batch you made!

Tom, It was the wife's idea and now I am glad we did it. I just started in Sept of 2008, and as everyone says '"it becomes an obsession". When I buy juice I always start off with about 6.5 gallons of juice, so whether I do that or make kits I usually always end up with approximately 30 bottles so its not too hard to set one aside. I will face the racks with one of each of the wines and then use the two spaces behind them for what ever excess bottles I have.

Thats a great idea! BUTT, If I did that I would have no room on my walls ...:h

That looks very cool but like Tom said I would not have room to put any of the othetr bottles anymore!!! :)

Latest posts

Back