A true sign of me aging!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myakkagldwngr

Reaction score
My wife and I started dating when she was 17 and I was 23. We've been together now 32 years counting the year we lived together before we got married.
In all those times, I can't even try to count all the sweet nothings she has whispered to me and what it did to my blood pressure at the time.
But I have to admit,,,
Even though I still love having her whisper those romantic words in my ears,,
nothing can compare to the "Hi Papa" I got today when my oldest came home for a week and brought my two grandsons with her!
One's 9 and the other is 3 and between them, they can make my old heart very glad.
I guess I am getting old.

Speaking of aging, I need badly to get to the eye doctor!!!!!!!! I aint kidding floks, my eyes are getting bad and i keep putting it off mainly because I just havent had the time or the ambition to call my insurance company to find out what places I can go to that are covered.

Speaking of aging, I need badly to get to the eye doctor!!!!!!!! I aint kidding floks, my eyes are getting bad and i keep putting it off mainly because I just havent had the time or the ambition to call my insurance company to find out what places I can go to that are covered.

too much time on the puter, lol

and i think it's very sweet and special that you're grandkids make your heart swell with gladness. may we all be so blessed

My wife and I started dating when she was 17 and I was 23. We've been together now 32 years counting the year we lived together before we got married.
In all those times, I can't even try to count all the sweet nothings she has whispered to me and what it did to my blood pressure at the time.
But I have to admit,,,
Even though I still love having her whisper those romantic words in my ears,,
nothing can compare to the "Hi Papa" I got today when my oldest came home for a week and brought my two grandsons with her!
One's 9 and the other is 3 and between them, they can make my old heart very glad.
I guess I am getting old.

You newlyweds are so cute.....:D But I too know what you feel with your grandsons. Itsuko watches our grandaughter Maya 2 or 3 days a week and I swear I am enjoying this as much as I enjoyed being a dad.

too much time on the puter, lol

and i think it's very sweet and special that you're grandkids make your heart swell with gladness. may we all be so blessed

I vote too much time squinting at the hydrometer myself :sm

Congratz on the good life, and having a wonderful family - as countrygirl said - may we all be so blessed. I'm looking forward to that day - just hopefully not for another 20 years or so, that reminds me - I need to look into my shotgun, rocking chair and front porch orders :)

AndyL,,, take the plug out of the shot gun so it can at least hold 5 shots.
And when your daughter starts having boys over,,, sit there cleaning your gun, talking to yourself...
It will help while she is still young, but be prepared, when they hit that magical # 18, mom's and dad's instantly lose all the intellegence and knowledge that they had the day before.
Then it takes another seven or eight years before they understand things again.
But then the G-kids come along..
You can pamper them and spoil them,,,
"Revenge is a dish best served cold!"
I had my three years old last year going crazy everytime he saw anything about the beach,,,,
He would start jumping up and down shouting
"SUNNY BEACH,,,, SUNNY BEACH,,,, IT'S A SUNNY BEACH"

when they hit that magical # 18, mom's and dad's instantly lose all the intellegence and knowledge that they had the day before.

Then it takes another seven or eight years before they understand things again.

I thought parents lost intelligence at about age 14-16 and then as the got closer 18 we started getting some of it back. Friend of mine at work told me I'd be smart again when my daughter hits 25 y/o. At least that was the age for his first one. He's now working on his 15 y/o. So he's not quite so smart.

:):):) I can relate. Sometimes I have trouble focusing and then I realize my glasses have slipped slightly down. Push them back up and WOW I can see again.

WE both need to see the Dr. Really freak your eye Dr. out. When they go to shake your hand reach out about a foot away from theirs. :):)

Latest posts

Back