A serious question here,, do you drink & drive?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am glad to hear on a forum like this, for the most parts we are all responsible people. Remember what ever you say on the internet could always come back to haunt you in the future court of law.

I love to make wine and share it. I also like cooking. That means we're often the hosts which leaves me free to enjoy without the concern of driving. Being the host, I don't over-indulge, but I still wouldn't like driving after having more than one.

I limit myself to 2 drinks if I intend to drive, no matter what the time frame. My brother got so many DIC's that he did a stint in jail too and eventually it killed him. makes ya think if it's really worth it. It's not. Rather stay home and drink my homemade wine!!!!!

i'm with mud. went out saturday to a few bars. was there from ~9pm-1am and had 2 bottled beers. drove home and then opened a bottle of wine.

on weekends, i drive a mr2 turbo with a loud exhaust and have a liqour license. need i say more.

i've also had a friend die from possible drinking and driving. long story and it's not a good one.

Wee haven't even talked about how much money this costs you!

LOTS AND LOTS!!

I am still paying. I didnnt even hit anything, and I think my second one costed me about 20,000 skins.

And the whole jail thing wasnt much fun either!

Sadly I have to admit to D&D a few times. Thankfully they were not far drives and there was no traffic (still no excuse). I really regretted doing it.

If my wife and I go out for dinner I'll have a beer or two, and like many have mentioned, after and hour or so I will drive home.

First I want to apologize to anyone I might have offended, but I have gotten to the age and point I don't hesitate to say what's on my mind.
I meant no disrespect to anyone.

My dad was a full blown alcoholic. As long as I remember I watched him drink at least a pint of Early Times if not a fifth by himself. EVERY NIGHT.
The get up and go to work the next morning. He would start drinking about an hour from home while driving the company truck.
My brother had so many wrecks I couldn't count them all. All were just him running off the road and hitting trees or Telephone poles.
Then after he had finally calmed down,, he was killed on a motorcycle by a young kid backing out in front of him.
Seeing these young women and the mother talking on the news brought this to my mind.
Just last week, they passed a ordinance allowing bars to stay open till 3am in the same city it happened in.
It just doesn't make much sense to me.

So again, I didn't mean to offend anyone here. I've grown to really like the E friends I've made here. I found out with the motorcycle forum I visit just how fond you can become of people you'll never meet and this group has gotten that way too.

First I want to apologize to anyone I might have offended, but I have gotten to the age and point I don't hesitate to say what's on my mind.
I meant no disrespect to anyone.

My dad was a full blown alcoholic. As long as I remember I watched him drink at least a pint of Early Times if not a fifth by himself. EVERY NIGHT.
The get up and go to work the next morning. He would start drinking about an hour from home while driving the company truck.
My brother had so many wrecks I couldn't count them all. All were just him running off the road and hitting trees or Telephone poles.
Then after he had finally calmed down,, he was killed on a motorcycle by a young kid backing out in front of him.
Seeing these young women and the mother talking on the news brought this to my mind.
Just last week, they passed a ordinance allowing bars to stay open till 3am in the same city it happened in.
It just doesn't make much sense to me.

So again, I didn't mean to offend anyone here. I've grown to really like the E friends I've made here. I found out with the motorcycle forum I visit just how fond you can become of people you'll never meet and this group has gotten that way too.

I didn't take offense and it has turned into an interesting read. I was married to an alcoholic for 18 years. He had two DUI's in less than 4 months apart, that was my sign to get away from that. Whether or not you like, is part of everyone's life. So if this thread stick's with someone who should not be getting behind a wheel, then that is good.

You haven't offended me Mike, but thanks for your concern.
Like you, i've had a death from alcaholism in my family, so I know what you mean about things rekindling the memories.

Steve

only back when i was a dumb kid. never got in trouble for it, never had an accident and i just realized one day wow i MUST be out of luck by now and have never done it since. i know it was a dumb thing to do, but i admit to being a dumb kid at the time

-dan-

Motorcyclists are referred to as organ donors often enough as a joke. The number of times people pull out without looking.. turn without indicating..u turns, cross the centre line on corners... etc etc

I have my hands full driving sober.

so no.. I wouldn't even have a beer before getting on my bike..

Allie

If I've had more than two in a short time span (1 per hour, basically) I avoid driving.

I won't even start my motorcycle if I've had a single sip though.

Luckily I don't go to bars much, and when I do I usually have just one to save cash on the tab.

I get loaded at home plenty though, or when I have a driver.

Latest posts

Back